Third tube questions and advice

fiddlebick

Reaction score
2005 bennington rfs 2575, honda 135. I have the opportunity to acquire a 22 or 20 foot log that is 25" dia, which will result in a third tube project. Diameter is the same as my two logs on the boat. Has anybody added a toon to a boat this length? I currently cruise at 25mph at WOT with the wife and I onboard. With five grandsons and two more adults its a bit slower and I want a little more speed for tubing as well as a better ride. ANY advice is greatly appreciated. I will not consider a bigger motor or a full length tube addition. Thanks.

Not sure what to tell you. I added the Express Toon package to my 2275. It goes back to the transom, I also added underskinning and ended up with about 5 mph addition when first put on and a much smoother ride which I belive was as much a result of the underskinning as well as the third toon.

You have a big boat and a small motor. You might see a better ride with underskinning and the tube but speed isn't going to improve. Do you have strakes?

Well thanks for the quick replies guys, but my idea of a third toon quickly died this morning as I learned I will be paying the IRS 3500 bucks next week. I just love tax time. I was pumped as I had found these logs for sale fairly close to home. I do not have strakes on my boat, and I was afraid that the 135hp was not big enough, even if I added a third log..just as you say.

Back