Thoughts on Fender Racks

Stevez

Reaction score
I did a search and saw some feedback on fender racks from 2014. I've searched and found some, but shocked at how expensive these can be. Just curious if anyone has good recommendations for reasonably priced fender racks that mount on the stern or bow area outside of the boat. I have 5 fenders and use them when docking. They are large and take up a lot of room. Would be nice to have some way of better organizing them out of the way, but easily accessible when needed. Thanks! Steve

I did a search and saw some feedback on fender racks from 2014. I've searched and found some, but shocked at how expensive these can be. Just curious if anyone has good recommendations for reasonably priced fender racks that mount on the stern or bow area outside of the boat. I have 5 fenders and use them when docking. They are large and take up a lot of room. Would be nice to have some way of better organizing them out of the way, but easily accessible when needed. Thanks! Steve
Hopefully Nautical will chime in. He has a pair of nice stainless high quality fender racks on his boat. If he doesn't answer do a search on his posts. You should be able to find it....

Stevez, I was in the same boat as you. I couldn’t believe the price for what they are and started looking for options. Never did anything but here are some I thought about.

Metal mesh trash cans from an office supply store. These could be painted to match the boat, they drain and best of all are less than 1/4 the price of the racks. I have seen oval ones that would hold 2-3 fenders.

Another was to go to Lowes or (insert your favorite hardware store here) and purchase 1” x 1/8” aluminum flat bar strips. They would be thin enough to bend around an object the size of the fenders and either weld, bolt, or rivet together to make a frame that could be mounted outside and store your fenders.

Food for thought if you are crafty.

Okay, here is me, chiming in! I bought these in the middle of the 3 available sizes and received lots of compliments on them. I believe my gallery has pics. They're cheap and simple and easy to install.

Okay, here is me, chiming in! I bought these in the middle of the 3 available sizes and received lots of compliments on them. I believe my gallery has pics. They're cheap and simple and easy to install.
Thanks Nautical! They look good and the price is much better than what I've been seeing! Appreciate it.

Back