Time to admit ,I have been infected ( PADS)

Jack M

Reaction score
There are a few people here that have known for a day or two that I have had the symptoms.

Originally the plan was to wait until 2015  .

The other day while On Our Way ,to the local watering hole ( which does pass the marina ) .My wife said "Why Wait we aren't getting any younger ".

So Friday we visited the dealer , had a G or R in mind .

The salesman  was busy so went back Saturday .

We chose  a 23 RCW with a 150 with the Express package , and he offered me one heck of a price on a trade ( after I got the price on the R )

We have not ordered yet ,I have way too many questions ,as some of you are well aware of .

I would also like to see one ,sit down ,and just see how it feels .

Problem is short of going to the factory I don't have a clue where I can do that ,and we would go to the factory if that  is the only place I can see one .

The only ones my dealer has ordered at this time are S models .

The Tower ,Arch ,and the Hybrid are my biggest question .

We do not use the Bimini ,the only time it was open last year was to see how it worked .

I have been told that on the tower ,the top cannot be retracted or folded.

The Hybrid, same story ,just used for tube storage .So neither of those is an option for us .

I spoke to the dealer today ,he told me the regular arch does fold .

However on the build a boat site ,the only option for 2014 is anodized .

If I get the arch ,I want it to match the panels .

All ,suggestions, comments and criticisms are welcome .

Thanks in advance .

It appears my wife has been infected too    :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh Oh ......... :blink:

If you want to sit in one soon then you might search for local area boat shows and see if Bennington (or one of their dealers) will be showing what you are interested in.  That could be an option for some disease treatment.

Jack

Oh God, how is this thing spreading?

Oh man.........Thank God I've had my shots!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh God, how is this thing spreading?
I may get  booted for this ,but in my case I am going to say lack of information .

Example ,on the build site for 2014 they are still showing 2013 pics ,the pic's of the arch and the tower are the same .

Try to build one ,check a box and more get checked and unchecked ,some options turn yellow some turn red .

All the options are not listed , the 2014 brochures are still not out .

Don't get me wrong ,We Love our Bennington , and would never buy anything else .

Had we had more information last year we would not be going through this today .

Some of you remember ,I ordered in February last year and had to reorder in March because I got better information here than at the dealer or the build a boat site .

I guess some of it is the dealers fault ,but Saturday he had some of the same issues as I do with boxes being checked and unchecked .

I don't think any one here has bought a car with out seeing it.

All in all buying a new one will be a great experience .My wife and I are excited about the process and really can't wait for spring now .

We just need the questions answered .

For starters ,on the 2014's can we get a non hybrid arch that matches the color of the panels ?

I read this on the build site spec sheet "Xtreme Arch With Bimini Top

( Forward & Aft) LED Lighting & SkiTow."

I had heard the arch is not for skiing .

Another question ,our two tube 22 has a capacity of 11 people ,why would a 23 with the express package have a capacity of only 10 ?

Lots of questions not many answers .(Yet ),it may take time but i will my questions answered .

Lets see what happens ,and that's my excuse .

I can't complain too much because of what I was offered on trade .They sure do hold their value . :D

If you want to sit in one soon then you might search for local area boat shows and see if Bennington (or one of their dealers) will be showing what you are interested in.  That could be an option for some disease treatment.

Jack
I have made a few calls , few boats in my area .Mostly  four wheeler's and snow mobiles .

That is why I am willing to go to the factory if need be .

I'm glad you finally came out...to disclose your PAD intentions that is!!! I have the second biggest volume Bennington dealer about 3 miles from my home. I'm not a fan of their sales model but they typically have boats in all levels. Wilsonboats.com. I just checked and their site shows a few.

I'm glad you finally came out...to disclose your PAD intentions that is!!! I have the second biggest volume Bennington dealer about 3 miles from my home. I'm not a fan of their sales model but they typically have boats in all levels. Wilsonboats.com. I just checked and their site shows a few.
I don't have a problem traveling ( as long as its not in this weather today )  ,do they usually have them on display this time of year ?

I just visited Wilsonboats.com ,stock pic's right off the Bennington site .

I spent all day yesterday going back & forth between the build site and boats dealers every where .

Most have the same standard pics .

I still may give them a call .

Thanks 

Just did a different search ,most of their 2014's are S models .

I find that interesting ,that is all my dealer has also .

I'd give them a call and see what they have. I think they have a couple locations.

Yes they do ,their location in Harrison Twp is close to where we used to live .

If it wasn't in the city I had thought about going to the boat show at Cobo Hall .

Well your more than welcome to fly out this way and sit in mine!! Haha it'd be a little cold and the seats may be hard. Sounds like a good start, just remember (as far as I know) the sport Arch doesn't fold, just the bimini top collapses. As for the people load, I believe that maybe you were looking at the 22 without the arch and the 23 with the arch, the extra weight of the arch and such could cause a reduced rating. That being said, on the build a boat specs, my 2275RCWT says max hp is 250, but my tag in the boat says 350. Not sure why. 

Did you look at the SPS option vs the express tube? Was it a price decision? I just know I love my in floor storage! Oh and if you were going on my remarks about towing from the arch, I had said "think" I wasn't sure since I had never seen one in person. 

That is my current 22 that will hold 11 . Now the weight of the arch included that makes sense .

So far the express was a price factor ,I had heard from several source's about the towing question .

Not to question your knowledge but ,are you sure that the Bimini does collapse so I don't have the shade unless I want it .

We do not use the Bimini .I like the looks of the arch and the tower but we don't want to be stuck in the shade 

Some will say, PAD is, "Pulling a Derrick."

I think it's more like, "Pontoon Acquisition Disorder."

Glad I don't have it. I'd rather catch a VD!

Some will say, PAD is, "Pulling a Derrick."

I think it's more like, "Pontoon Acquisition Disorder."

Glad I don't have it. I'd rather catch a VD!
Whoa! You can make more money for fighting pad, you can' grow a new, you know

"Can't"

I'll be at my dealer tomorrow and will see what he has in stock and advise. He is in Mecosta so not terribly far from you.

So I did some building on the site, and here are my thoughts, thoughts (definitely check cuz I could be totally wrong!!) when you go into let's say a 2375GCW with Sport Arch (it does show a picture of it there too) it shows 

Tower/Arch Color

PART NO

MSRP

Sport Tower - Arch (Anodized)

$0

Sport Tower - Arch - Hybrid (Accent Color) Matches accent panel color.

$0

Sport Tower - Arch - Hybrid (Primary Color) Matches primary panel color.

$0

I kind of think the word Hybrid shouldn't be listed on those last two. 

Now, when you do build a boat of a normal 2375, you have to scroll all the way down in the options list and you see this

Tops/Enclosures

PART NO

MSRP

(NEW) Bimini Top Curved (Not Lighted) 

$278

(NEW) Bimini Top Curved with Blue ICE LED Lights

$486

(NEW) Bimini Top Electric Curved with Blue Ice LED Lighting

$1,415

(NEW) Bimini Top Hybrid Accent Color (Not Lighted) Hybrid top frames must match either primary or accent colors, or be anodized

906357ACC

$2,583

(NEW) Bimini Top Hybrid Anodized (Not Lighted) Hybrid top frames must match either primary or accent colors, or be anodized

$2,236

(NEW) Bimini Top Hybrid Primary Color (Not Lighted) Hybrid top frames must match either primary or accent colors, or be anodized

906357PRI

$2,583

Bimini Blue Ice LED Lighting 

$229

Wow, this copy and past thing might be a disaster,  but I'm on my tablet. Anyways, it is all listed under tops and enclosures , not to mention it says "bimini top hybrid " so I personally think that because you are choosing to build a Sport Arch, it knows that the "Bimini hybrid " isn't an option. But this is one of those times where it sure would be nice to see some input from the all knowing Team Bennington. It might just mean your dealer needs to make a call to the rep instead of just looking at build sheets.

Back