Time to upgrade...

TwoTone

Reaction score
Somewhere in Cabo... or Central Oregon...
Purchased my first Bennington in 2013 - 22 SSX with a Merc 90HP...

It was not only my first Bennington, but my first boat...

I chose this model because I wasn't sure how I would take to the boating life and wanted to keep my investment moderate...

Half-way into my 3rd season I think it's fair to say that after almost 300 hours on my motor, we've settled in just fine...

So tomorrow I'm picking up our new 2015 2375 GCW with a Yamaha 200HP...

Have to say that I'm really excited about getting in the water with that bigger motor...

I'll post pics of the maiden voyage...

Mike

Congrats and have fun!

Congrats, someone who made it to a 3rd season before upgrading !!  :p

That's great twotone.  KP and I are also newbies to boating, we bought our first boat in 2010 at 57 years old, the next year we bought our first lake house.  Since they we bought our Bennington in 2012 and then sold and bought a new lake house in 2014.  We to have fallen in love with the lifestyle.

Can't wait to go out on the lake tonight and then again Saturday night for fireworks on the lake

Oh no, all I can say is don't look on Bennington NEXT year! Your story is VERY similar to mine!! Haha except I went from a 90hp GLi, to a 200hp RCW!! Haha, can't wait to see pics! 

Congrats! Curious on the details of the new boat. Are you getting the F200?

Awesome news, congrats and enjoy!

Oh no, all I can say is don't look on Bennington NEXT year! Your story is VERY similar to mine!! Haha except I went from a 90hp GLi, to a 200hp RCW!! Haha, can't wait to see pics! 

Except his ownership till trade, was measured in YEARS, not MONTHS ......  :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked 'er up at 5:50PM in Kennewick, WA on Friday...

The dealer was closing at 6:00PM and wasn't going to be open on Saturday because of the 4th...

It was a 4 hour drive for us from Bend, OR with a 16 month old baby...

The delivery was quick in a 107 degree temp...

No chance of heading home because the babies bed time is between 6-7...

Booked a room on Clover Island that was a 2 minute drive from the boat ramp into the Columbia...

Baby was down by 7:30 - we called my wife's iPhone with mine on Face Time and set it up in the room as a monitor...

Ordered prime rid and lobster from the restaurant and took it to the boat which was perfectly parked in the lot where we overlooked the river...

Sat in 'er for 3 hours listening to Jimmy Buffet, eating dinner, enjoying grey goose and cran, while witnessing a fantastic sunset...

We weren't on the water yet but we sure didn't know it...

Launched her at 6:45AM the next morning...

Two hours in the Columbia then back to Oregon and dropped her in Lake Simtustus before heading home...

A whirlwind 30 hours but  some awesome memories...

tkF5uA.jpg

GnLCj9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! Curious on the details of the new boat. Are you getting the F200?
Yes we went with F200 and don't regret it one bit...

Quite the upgrade from the Merc 90...

Looks great! I think you'll enjoy the extra ponies! I hit 43.8 on Sunday with mine.

looks great twotone, love the lights

With a couple of exceptions, it sounded like you were talking about my boat buying experience. Started out with our first boat, a 2013 22 SSX with a Yamaha 90 last year. Made it 6 months before upgrading to a 2275 GCW with a Yamaha F200XA. Congrats. You're going to love the difference. I was just out on a 5 night trip on mine and I recalled a few times how much better it was than cruising around on the old SSX. We covered 200+ miles of lake which we would have never been able to do before. 

Update 1 month and 30 engine hours later...

I'm in  :wub:  ...

The difference between the 90 Merc and the new 200 Yamaha is simply indescribable...

Took it up to Seattle for a week and moored her in Lake Union...

Went through the Ballard Locks into the Puget Sound and opened her up...

42.8 at sea level...

My home lake (Cultus) here in central Oregon (Bend area) is at around 3200 feet above sea level and she runs at 38.0...

I find that running between 24 - 28 is a perfect speed for the boat...

I really thought I wanted the 250 - but after this last 30 days I'm glad I have the 200...

Here's a shot of us tied up in Locks waiting for the gate to close...

UEs7NF.jpg

Very nice and congrats!

Looks like one heck of a good trip. It is always nice not having buyers remorse.

Congratulations on the new boat.  Going from the two toon with 90 hp to a F200 and tritoons is a big, big positive difference.  And the F200 is a great combination of speed and efficiency. 

When you throw the throttle to it and trim the engine up, the nose of the boat just lifts like it's flying.

My dealer is sending me pics tomorrow . :eek:

Back