Today was the day! Took ownership of the 20SLG!

For those of you who follow my ramblings on this forum, you will undoubtedly know how FREAKIN' EXCITED I am about finally being able to sit in my boat! It hardly seems like any time has passed since I made my first post back in October and introduced myself to you wonderful people. The build was quick, especially for these times... about three months. My wife and I spent three and a half hours on the boat in the marina's prep shop (we even got lunch and ate on the boat!)... we didn't even watch the Bills win, that's how excited we were. The build was perfect; right to spec, no problems, no omissions... spot on. While we didn't have a chance to run the motor or deploy the dual biminis, the marina was kind enough to run power to the boat so we could check out the radio, depth sounder, LED lights, nav lights, and docking lights (super bright!). By the way, the standard Kicker KMC45 is a great head unit. We did upgrade the speakers (only $200) and they sound GREAT! I upped the base and treble in the equalizer and they crank! I know audiophiles among us will spend thousands for amps and different equipment, but IMO this thing has amazing output. My Android phone synced in a few seconds and I had SiriusXM Yacht Rock Radio playing in less than a minute. I love the newly designed tables for 2021 - solid with a lot of surface space. One thing I wasn't expecting was the pressed diamond in the seats! That too is new for 2021 in the S-Series and they look amazing. So glad I sprung for the enhanced steering wheel as it matches the zebrawood dash and had a nice rubberized textured feel on your fingertips on the backside of the wheel. Also glad I got the heavy-duty rub rail and stainless steel cleats with the Bennington logo. The VMAX SHO 90 hp, helped by the under deck wave shield and the Talon 13.5x12 prop, should push the boat up to around 25-28mph at WOT. You know speed is not a concern for me; this is plenty fast enough for our needs. Finally, before any of you say, "Pics please!" I've got your pics! Can't wait to get her on the water; I'm sure I'll share more pics!
Congratulations beautiful boat

Awesome, congratulations! You are going to have a great summer. Enjoy!

AuthorizedUser, Nice build, boat looks great. Now the hard part, waiting for warmer weather so you and Your’s can launch. There are few activities that can be enjoyed by so many. A day on the water with family and friends cannot be beat. Welcome aboard!!!

So awesome to see the final result of your due diligence threads/posts!

Beautiful Benny - congrats!

Looks awesome! April and the summer can't come fast enough! The best is yet to come!!

If I had to wait until April I'd probably go stir crazy. I don't know how you guys do it!
I took lots of pictures and an 8 minute video of walking around the boat. That's how I do it! Plus, I'm buying stuff for the boat over the winter, and that will help me as well.

If I had to wait until April I'd probably go stir crazy. I don't know how you guys do it!

April. Wish we could do it then. Ice is slowly melting in April. And although we can boat in May, it’s not very good until June. April...I’d take that in a heartbeat.

April. Wish we could do it then. Ice is slowly melting in April. And although we can boat in May, it’s not very good until June. April...I’d take that in a heartbeat.

Please tell me you at least race snowmobiles on the lakes up there! I'll try not to enjoy my winter time boating too much out of respect for our Northern brothers and sisters!

Please tell me you at least race snowmobiles on the lakes up there! I'll try not to enjoy my winter time boating too much out of respect for our Northern brothers and sisters!

You deserve to enjoy as much boating as possible! Besides, we are used to living vicariously through those that can during the winter months.

That said, I am ALL IN on snowmobiling all winter. Lots of hammering that throttle across the lake. We have three, and it is one of the most fun things in life to do. And as you mention, being on the larger lake makes lake riding a BLAST! Long flat stretches that just beg for more throttle.

I might whine about not boating 3/4’s of the year, but on a personal level I enjoy snowmobiling as much (sssshhh...maybe more) than boating. :cool:

Congrats on the new boat!! Love the excitement! Makes me feel like I just got a new boat too!

Back