Took Delivery Today!

Chris Z

Reaction score
Hey, finally had a chance to take a short spin around the block with the new 2275 GCW. Lots of impressions, very pleased, high marks, all the accolades I can come up with after such long day.

I'd share pics but there are some problems on Bennington's end of the wire when it comes to uploads. There is another thread that is detailing this.

Let me share some raw data for those of interested in nothing less than the actual facts:

2014 Benny 2275 GCW

32" Elliptical Performance Package (includes strakes and wave shield)

Yamaha F150 fitted with a Yamaha 14.5x15" Prop

Top Speed via GPS was 39 mph at 6000 RPM.

When I arrived at the lake the wind was blowing steadily out of the south providing a healthy 1.5 to 2 foot chop to play in. I was really pleased with the way that the ellipticals tracked and provided a smooth and dry ride throughout the RPM range. No pounding, no shuddering, turns were smooth in either direction and the boat ran really well with the slop in front of or behind me. Very stable and dry with it on the beam as well. I was really pleased with the solidity of the ride and how quiet the Yamaha was.

Motor was hung on hole number 2 and while I was able to get the prop to blow out turning either way tightly with the motor trimmed out a ways, once I tucked it in tight the prop didn't ventilate one bit. This was very acceptable to me.

Presentation of the boat was top shelf. It had been detailed and really looked great. After spending about 45 minutes on the lake I spent another hour and a half going through all the compartments, sorting through all the cool stuff the dealer threw in, and generally inspecting it inch by inch looking for something, anything to complain about. It all really looked great! My hat is off to Bennington and Owasco Marine.

After I finished up with a bunch of pictures we arranged delivery (when and where) for the end of next week up to my camp. 

That's all for now. I'll post pics when I can upload again.

Sounds like it was a great day on a great new boat. Can't wait to see more pics.

Congratulations....had my new toon for about 4 weeks now and I still get excited reading about everyone else's new rides.  Sounds awesome...enjoy and pictures when you can.

Congratulations Chris 

It is still Chilly here 

But when you have a new toy 

You have to play (lol)

Enjoy It To The Max 

106087845.jpg

Like kids in candy stores! I still feel that way myself.

Great news, glad you're enjoying the boat!

Nice Chris, glad you got out.  We spent the day up at the lake yesterday but it was all work getting the camp ready and raking the lawn.  But after seeing one of our neighbors we ended up going out to dinner and then out on the town.  Best days are the work hard play hard days

Those elips ride great don't they? :D   :D   :D    Love them in the rough chop.  Congrats on your purchase.  Many more smiles will be made using your new toy

Todd

Congrats, and welcome to the Family (madness ?? :D  )

I need to post some pictures but things on the server side of the board are still a bit busted up.

Yes, I was very impressed by both the ride and dryness of the ellipticals. Also, the stability of the boat as a platform at most any speed was great.

After a couple of days of pushing thoughts around in my head one of the most impressive things about the delivery was the quality of the boat itself. More than just the fit and finish, the way it felt in the water was so smooth and solid. The Yamaha 150 is very quiet, easy conversation quiet even at a decent cruising speed. The wind and the waves were more of a distraction.

Looking forward to some nice weather and a couple of early morning cruises at the Pond.

Congrats Chris.. Get to pick mine up this Friday    Can't wait

Uploaded a few snaps to Photbucket:

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

That's better than links that don't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Says content unavailable.

Says content unavailable.
Yeah. I guess I run my Facebook profile a bit too tight for that. Anyway, I re-pointed the links to images on Photobucket instead. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great!

Looks pretty good..

Back