Tore up Bimini top

doug

Reaction score
Ran my pontoon under a low hanging bridge. My fault.

But broke one side of the tubing on the top and bent the other side. Long story short is that the whole piece needs replaced. 1 1/4" square tubing, the complete long piece that curves around the whole back of the boat (Couldn't have been one of the 3-4' pieces, obviously). Can I order that complete piece from somewhere or do I have to get a whole new top?

A lot of the after markets for this top are round tubing, wrong dimensions, etc.

Repair/replacement should be a snap if I could find the one piece with the plastic clips on each end.

2006 Model 2275 GS

Thanks folks.

Speaking from experience here. You can go to your dealer and purchase the front bow by itself. Mine went under a tree and we had to get a new one. With a minimal amount of mechanical skills you can replace. Mine cost me a little over $100.00.

Before it came in, I took the old one to a machine shop and they TIG welded it back good enough to continue to use until the new one came in.

good luck,

andy

p.s. Welcome to the forum. Lots of good people here with lots of good info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Andy,

My solution was to contact a friend of mine who owns a tarp and awning shop. She said, "Oh yeah, we work with that tubing all the time." Took it in, she fixed the break and even put a double brace on it and straightened out the bend on the other side.

Looks like new for little or nothing.

She knew exactly what I was talking about and I guess if you think about it a bimini top isn't anything more than an awning, or vice versa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back