Tornado damage

banditto1969

Reaction score
Well my 2003 18-foot bennington fishing model was damaged during a tornado. It basically ripped off the port side "fence" which I have been calling a railing. It put a big dent in the door though.

long story short we did have adequate insurance on it. I tried to get it repaired but they said the fence/side panel/decals are no longer available. So the insurance paid bought us out and totalled the boat. They allowed me to buy the boat back for $1200 which I did because the motor is still in good shape, seats have no blemishes at all, carpet is showing some age but still looks good.

So what would you do? I took it to an autobody shop and am waiting to hear if they can straighten the fence out. Is there a Bennington junkyard anywhere? Thx

I have a 2004 2275 RL. It was dented a couple years ago and I inquired about getting it fixed and total cost was going to be between $2500-$3000. That included the panels and railing, removal of the furniture etc. etc. The only thing that wasn't available were the graphics and decals. But the railing and panels were. Did Bennington tell you it wasn't available?!?

Also where are you located? We had a serious storm come through Lake Norman on Monday night that knocked our power out. We were preparing for the worst but when we went to check on it but it was fine.

Last edited:
Back