Touchless Boat Covers

I looked at these and there are some where I am at at Lake of the Ozarks.

They offer protection from the elements but because they don't contact the boat, dirt and spiders can still get under the cover. I believe they are better than the std snap on cover.

I went with a cover by Marine Concepts. I believe they are only available in Missouri, Oklahoma and Florida. They are custom - they come out and digitize your boat and make the cover to fit. The cover rides on a track above the boat which you pull manually which I find easy to do and seals against the boat to insure it stays clean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got any pics?

I was convinced I needed one of the Touchless covers and my Benny dealer actually sells them (~$5k). What I discovered from a few people here on our lake who have them is that for a seasonal situation (Indiana) where they need to be removed and put back each year it was a pain to get someone to do it right, causing a variety of problems. There is an array of pulleys and wires to align just so. Like someone said, it still doesn't help you with spiders, birds, etc that can still roost inside.

I opted for 36" extended sides on my conventional Shorestation canopy with zippered front and rear panels and I've been very happy with this setup. To keep the spiders and birds out, I just lay the mooring cover on top of the boat without the poles and fasten just a few snaps front and rear to keep it from blowing off.

That Marine Concepts setup looks really slick for the right docking situation. Unfortunately it just wouldn't work for mine.

Anyone have an idea of price range?  I was considering a covered lift. 

edit:  just saw prev. post ~ 5K.

My quote is about 6K

I can see spiders being an issue but not sure the birds would nest under?? Looks like about 6" clearance around rub rail.

My boat is in front of my house so I dont think it would sit idle long enough for birds to nest.  I just HATE putting the cover on every single night, LOL.

My Bennie is sitting in the middle of a boathouse with a large overhang.  It never gets wet or in the bright sun hanging in its cradle.

These covers look like they'd be great in some applications, but would be waste of money for me.

I had never seen the concepts cover so I went to youtube.  All of the work for this cover is at the back of the boat.  How is one suppose to get there if the boat is on a lift.  Also it look like it only works with an existing roof.

Got a quote for almost $10k for a touchless cover. Sticking with my factory mooring cover.

Had a Touchless put on my lift last year for my 2572Q with windscreen and arch.

Did ALOT of research and pulled the trigger, here is where it went wrong.

Installer needs his money, I tell him what Q series I have he says I will get the specs on your boat from the dealer.

O.K. you don't want to wait for the boat to be delivered so you can see it? nope, do this all the time.. check please.

30-40 days later, Oops cover is to short! have to send it back to Touchless. OK three more weeks, where is the cover? no idea.

Touchless moved into new building and cannot find it. Oh wait, its piled up in our old building fix it right away.

Two more weeks, where is the cover?? Oops sent it to the wrong STATE. will have to wait now to get it back.

Another two weeks, got the cover will install this week. Fingers crossed. Frame work has to be re worked now due to the added length, more money please. not my fault.. buy the way $1200.00 more for all the work I did in shipping and frame. WTF??

Frame looks like a roller coaster, sure it works looks like crap. Hey Touchless what do we do? looks like you have to deal with the installer not us.. but wait isn't he your dealer?? yep. sorry..

There is more! he installed the cover backwards! logo now faces the house!!?? fix it! nah, too much work to cut all those zip ties. get it next year. WTF are you kidding me? hey touchless, he did it backward! he said he will fix it next year.

Moral of the story: these covers properly installed are great, unfortunately the state we looked at the installed product was done by somebody who cares about what he is doing. not by the guy who did ours. Yes it works, no its not perfect. For our $8000.00 cover we are about to embark on a multi state lawsuit. 

DO NOT USE THE GUY IN NORTHERN MN. 

I am about to fly the guy from Houston TX to MN to fix my touchless and then recover my expenses in court.

I looked at these and there are some where I am at at Lake of the Ozarks.

They offer protection from the elements but because they don't contact the boat, dirt and spiders can still get under the cover. I believe they are better than the std snap on cover.

I went with a cover by Marine Concepts. I believe they are only available in Missouri, Oklahoma and Florida. They are custom - they come out and digitize your boat and make the cover to fit. The cover rides on a track above the boat which you pull manually which I find easy to do and seals against the boat to insure it stays clean.

I am in Missouri also and have seen these.  I did not go this direction for exactly what Lefty wrote. At a marina you have to deal with spiders and it's not a tight fit and  compared to other options it's not cheap. I think it's all in what you want. I can see why people would want them as who really likes covering their boat. I am religious with it but this would take away that element of boating.

Back