Tow vehicle

This is our other tow vehicle... that is when my wife let's me drive it.
271807_230711440283871_4771372_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm most likely going to be purchasing a GMC Yukon Denali next year to use for towing.  It has the big 6.2L engine.  I have currently been using a 2003 Dodge truck with a 5.7L HEMI but it definitely knows that boat is back there and only gets about 9mpg in doing so.  Has anyone else used this vehicle/engine?

I picked up a new tow vehicle over the weekend. After 15+ years of being a Toyota guy, I switched to a loaded F-150 Lariat. I've been kind of anti-Ford, but after driving one and seeing all the cool technology they put into it, I was totally sold. With lane assist and adaptive cruise control, this things is practically a self driving vehicle! And the 3.5L Ecoboost is awesome! Loving it! 

IMG_0343.JPG

I picked up a new tow vehicle over the weekend. After 15+ years of being a Toyota guy, I switched to a loaded F-150 Lariat. I've been kind of anti-Ford, but after driving one and seeing all the cool technology they put into it, I was totally sold. With lane assist and adaptive cruise control, this things is practically a self driving vehicle! And the 3.5L Ecoboost is awesome! Loving it! 

IMG_0343.JPG
 Nice truck!  Several of my buddies have that truck and swear by it!

I have one and swear by it too (my second), that little 3.5 will out tow, pull, and haul almost anything out there short of a diesel engine.

Put it in "sport" mode and see how she lights up!

Steve

Have had an eco for a long time, and know nothing of this "Sport Mode"?

Please tell me more!

Have had an eco for a long time, and know nothing of this "Sport Mode"?

Please tell me more!
This is on the f150 with the 3.5 Eco, not sure of other models it may be on.

The lower part of the shifter has a button that puts the vehicle in tow mode with one push, a second push puts it in sport mode. Sport mode changes shift points in the tranny and keeps you in the peak torque range most of the time. This also keeps the twin turbos boost up and ready, feels like a beast.

The 3.5 Eco has more hp & torque than 99% of the small block muscle cars in the late 60s and early 70s, while being a 6 cylinder.

Steve

I think only the EcoBoosts from 2015 on have Sport mode. Could be wrong, but that's what I was led to believe. 

What's that white stuff in your driveway?

This is on the f150 with the 3.5 Eco, not sure of other models it may be on.

The lower part of the shifter has a button that puts the vehicle in tow mode with one push, a second push puts it in sport mode. Sport mode changes shift points in the tranny and keeps you in the peak torque range most of the time.

Steve
Thanks,

As I said, I knew nothing about this.

Will play with this on my next drive!

And to the doubters of the 3.5..........just go drive one.

You will want one!

I went out camping over New Years and finally got some good shots of my new tow vehicle. We took it to the lake we boat at but didn't get the boat out. The lows each day were in the teens up where we were, but the views were phenomenal! We camped right at the edge of this plateau both nights. 25 miles one-way down a dirt road from the nearest highway. And the last few miles were beyond rough. Well worth it though. Nice to see the place from a different perspective, and always nice to start a new year sleeping under the stars. Happy new year! 

New Years Eve out at the edge of the plateau. 

IMG_0005.jpg

Mandatory supplies for a cold winter night. The cooler has no ice in it. It is there to keep things from freezing at night! 

IMG_9982.jpg

Earth shadow on New Year's Eve. 

IMG_0117.jpg

Last night on the other side of the plateau. 

IMG_0364.jpg

The view of the lake without the truck in the way:

IMG_0333.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice!

Amazing pictures bcpnick [as always] I like the firewood in the pickup along with the bottle to ensure body warmth

Back