Tow vehicle

Looks like Gunsight Peak.  Powell is my all time favorite lake.  Great pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still limited to 3500lbs of towing? That would make it a deal breaker for me

Anyone have any knowledge on the Dodge Durango with the hemi for towing?

Neighbor across the street uses one for their 25' Harris Crown I/O, a very heavy boat. I'd say it's marginal from a structure and stability standpoint. The suspension looks very strained even just crawling around the local roads. Not even close to your Caddy IMHO.

In comparison, our diesel Touareg tows the 2275RCW like it's not even there, very surefooted.

Neighbor across the street uses one for their 25' Harris Crown I/O, a very heavy boat. I'd say it's marginal from a structure and stability standpoint. The suspension looks very strained even just crawling around the local roads. Not even close to your Caddy IMHO.

In comparison, our diesel Touareg tows the 2275RCW like it's not even there, very surefooted.
After reading your previous post about the Touareg I actually did some looking at it. Found a video of a stock one towing a 747 Jumbo jet! The problem for me is it doesn't have enough room for my dogs in the back. :( One of the guys at work has one and loves it, but sadly not big enough for my needs. 

Thanks for the info on the Durango! Wasn't my first choice, I don't mind the looks of it, I dunno. Just thinking

Good friend of mine pulls his 28' cuddy cabin Shockwave boat with a V-10 Viper engine in it all over the country with a Hemi Durango, has had 3 Durangos of each generation and has pulled it with all with good luck. Has a triple axle bunk trailer under the boat too.

Not a wind drag like a pontoon but a good load to be sure.

post-10023-13869820025.jpg

v10 in a Durango?

V-10 in a boat?

V-10 Viper motors are available for boats.  They just came out when I bought my twin engine deck boat.  I opted for Mercury 525's but the Viper engines look slick with a hefty price tag as well.  Just throwing that out there.

Yeah V-10 Viper engine in the boat not the Durango lol.

It is a 625 hp Teague built engine which is fairly common in boats of this nature. The boat in the picture runs 85+- mph on smooth water. In fact I rode with him the day this pic was snapped and we took it up to a quick 80 mph romp. :D

Nice lookin' boat.  I see lots of Shockwaves on Havasu in the summer.

This guy has the need for speed, his dream is to own a boat that will hit 100 mph someday, he's getting close. He had a Sonic that was very similar in appearance and size before this boat with a 500++ cubic inch v-8 can't remember the specifics but was constantly plagued with engine issues and a couple Baja's before that. This boat has treated him very well for several years now which is apparent as its the longest I have ever know him to hang onto one. Has had no issues with it that I am aware of.

My deck boat with twins would top out right at 100.  That's moving on water.  I rarely got it up close to that speed, usually only when myself and a buddy were onboard and boating traffic was super light.  You come up on things very quickly and really have to pay attention to what you're doing.  It was fun for the time being but between insurance and the fuel bill it got old kinda quick.  I enjoy cruising on my new Benny much more.

Checked out a couple of these bad boys at the Barrett Jackson this weekend. 180 mph on the speedo and all for the special show price of $500k - $1million. I should have picked up a couple at that bargain price. :D

DCB's are very nice boats.  I wanted to buy one but they didn't make a deck boat style at the time so I ended up with an ETicket.

Just told the dealer to get my new tow vehicle (besides the F-250 PSD) ready for pick up this afternoon. This is an internet pic of what it is. Ok, it's my wife's valentine present. I hate to buy candy, and flower die within a few days!

Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

I've put about 900 miles on the new Jeep, so now I'm breaking it in to tow. Just put a little over 100 miles on it, towing the toon. It pulls it like its not back there.

Just looked at it on Jeeps web page, very nice and quite better than my standard Grand Cherokee Laredo

Back