Tower Speakers - Cladded Arch

buckeyelake

Reaction score
I have a 23 RCW with the cladded arch with Roswell audio. Has anyone added tower speakers to the arch? The rear firing speakers under the rear loungers aren’t cutting it.

A better option than adding tower speakers might be to replace the ones in the lounger with something better. Wetsounds is a really good brand that I've used before and very popular in the wakeboat crowd. If you put a couple of their speakers with an amp, you'll get much better sound than the factory kicker speakers.

Assuming you want this just for hanging at the sandbar or floating behind the boat and not for wakeboarding or tubing. If you want to be able to hear music while being towed behind the boat, you'll definitely want tower speakers, something with a Horn Loaded Compression Driver that will project far. Wetsounds also makes great tower speakers.

https://www.wetsounds.com/

JL Audio and Wet Sounds are definitely the top two marine speakers. Not cheap by any means though but definitely the best.

Thanks for the replies, the speakers in the rear loungers are Roswell so don't think that's the issue, just not enough for tubing??

Thanks for the replies, the speakers in the rear loungers are Roswell so don't think that's the issue, just not enough for tubing??
My 2020 23RFBA has factory 8" Roswell speakers behind the rear loungers and they both sound horrible compared to the rest of the 6.5" Roswell speakers inside the boat; so much midrange I'm convinced there is definitely something wrong with the setup. I'm a sound engineer by trade, but do not see any wiring or settings issues. My dealer is baffled and ordered another head unit to try.

Do yours lack clarity or are they just not giving you the output you require?

More output than clarity. My dealer is awesome and worked with Roswell (they were great too) because I also wanted speakers between the rear loungers and a second sub. I ended up adding an amp to support the additional speakers. I just don't think the rear facing speakers are there for tubing, more for swimming.

I put together this drawing of my setup to help during the install, might help you or someone else out.

Attachments

• 2019 Benning Audio Setup.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 50
More output than clarity. My dealer is awesome and worked with Roswell (they were great too) because I also wanted speakers between the rear loungers and a second sub. I ended up adding an amp to support the additional speakers. I just don't think the rear facing speakers are there for tubing, more for swimming.

I put together this drawing of my setup to help during the install, might help you or someone else out.

Like I mentioned earlier, if you want sound for tubing, you need something that will project far. The Roswell speakers in the rear loungers aren't going to do that. You want a tower speaker with horn loaded compression drivers. Something like the Wetsounds Rev 10 or Rev 8. Pair these with a good 2-channel amp that can give them about 300W per channel and you'll get what you want.

Back