Towing Cover For Benny ?

Pittsburgh

Commodore
Reaction score
Talked with our friend Jack and as usual he brought up another great point for consideration.

I mentioned the dealer is not enthusiastic about delivering my pontoon.

Everyone who reads my post is saying "No Surprise There"

My concern is with highway and country road driving do I need a special cover while hauling Benny?

I never knew there was such a cover.

Stormpro 21' - 24' Pontoon Boat Cover

Price: $304.95

Heavy-duty trailerable pontoon boat cover made of high-strength polyester marine canvas. Resistant to mildew and UV damage, and won't shrink or stretch. Integrated buckle and strap system for easy fitting and trailering - adjustable straps snap into quick-release buckles on the cover. FIts 21' - 24' pontoon boats with a beam width to 96". Storage bag, trailering straps, transom flap tie-down and two stern-fit elastic cords included. Adjustable elastic hem cord sewn into entire bottom hem provides a tight, custom fit. Dual air vents reduce inside moisture and ballooning of cover at high speeds. Adjustable transom flap for a superb fit. Fabric coating technology and heavy-duty fabric for maximum water resistnace and repellency.

What are your THOUGHTS ?

Mystical_Lake_Tomahawk.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I had one custom made photos in my gallery.

If you don't have that far to go and it's not raining, just take it off and stow all the stuff in your tow vehicle.

Jared

I will take a look at your gallery 

Is price for custom extreme or close to the price I saw online

Carl

It is approximately a two hour with interstate and country roads being used

Looks like one is a necessity , what upsets me most is that my dealer never mentions the need for one 

He has never sold me anything not even the boat 

It is like we have this here is the price

So sad

We should of sat down to discuss options, he was just happy to get the sell

I updated Yamaha after talking to forum members and Yamaha 

It is a nightmare 

This is what I feel like when dealing with my Dealer

stressed-cartoon.jpg

In no way is it close. Depends on material could be from 500 to 2000. Mine was in between.

I'd give uship a try.

I've asked my dealer lots of questions about this, seems a custom cover is the only way to get a good fit. I've had several made for our bowriders but nothing for pontoon (it hasn't gotten here yet) :(    He said he has had a few customers tow with the mooring cover, but it's not recomended by Benington or him! I' m anxious to see all of your responses

Chuck ,I don't think the one you are looking at will fit .Its only 8 ft wide 

Jack

I am sure you are right 

The only way to get the fit I need is customization

AND

I can't do that without a boat 

LOL LOL

WTH ?

I really thought this would be easier and more enjoyable 

If not for you Jack 

I would never of known it was a need

No cover included with boat?
Not a trailerable cover. The mooring cover provided with the pontoon is not supposed to be used at highway speeds.

You can always do as Carl  suggested .Take delivery on a sunny day put everything in your vehicle . Watch for that seat attached with velcro 

I towed my 2375 450 miles with the factory cover on it , and it held up fine. I would not how ever use it if there was much wind.

Andy

This time of year as most know

the roads are still littered with anti - skid material 

Including the interstates

My concern is pontoon being hit by road pebbles or anything which can scratch the panels

I really prefer they deliver it with the shrink wrap on boat to my dock

I know that is not possible with set up and my inspection of boat at dealers location

Bennington would a custom cover being included to trailer been too big of an inclusion ?

Need the Boat Buying Experience to be easier and more enjoyable.

TB5.jpg

It's likely rare that someone actually requests a true trailering cover and a "proper" one is way too expensive for them to just include one by default. But sure, maybe for another $750-1k, they could do whatever you want ;-)

I know in my case where it goes onto the lift once a year and comes back out once a year, I certainly wouldn't pay extra for one I wouldn't use. If I was going to Lake Cumberland, Dale Hollow, etc regularly, I'd buy a custom one like Jared has for the long hauling. As others said, pick a sunny day, leave the cover off, and be done with it. Or, just pay ~$200 to have them re-shrink it before they leave ... problem solved.

Tom,

That is the answer 

RESHRINK

Get it here safe and sound 

Worry about the cover at end of season

Thank you 

It makes the most sense

frustration_cartoon.png

No need to stress 

Problem Solved 

Thank you TOM

Back