Trail Cam suggestions

Rockie69

Reaction score
Ok... Two fold question. 1 thinking about getting a trail cam to put on my dock to see if there is much "traffic" around it during off hours. More curiosity than anything. Any recommendations?

2, Mother-in-law wants to see what wild life is out on their property. Could be close to the house, or possibly further out or around a pond. Any suggestions form those of you that have said devices?

Pros / cons ?

If you've got an old computer handy and internet, do it realtime where you can call it up anytime and see what's going on.  I haven't done this yet but i am planning on it.  Just think of sitting in your office and being able to take a mini-vacatiion to your cabin or whatever via the internet?

Dan

If "theft" is a possible issue, you'll either have to mount it high, or in a secure container of some type. I'd recommend checking bass pro, cablellas, etc..., and check the ratings. It looks like Bushnell has some good ratings. You want to decide also if you want video option, daytime color or black and white photos (nighttime IR is b/w only, or option flash for color), camera MP size, optional 12v input for long term power, etc..... As with anything, quality, MP, color, options comes with a price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back