Trailer guide-on board clearance

@ CcanDo> Thanks for the input. I have no idea how this will work out, our lake has three ramps that get used depending on water level. The top ramp is pretty steep but hasn't been used in a couple of years. The other two are a more gradual slope so I expect launching there to be easier. If we ever get the 30' of water necessary for the top ramp to be used I can always macguyver up something different if there's any issues. I don't expect any problems though, the woman I bought the boat from only used it at this lake and if a 70 year-old woman could handle it I'm sure I'll be fine.

@ Remediation> The boat was left on the trailer. I figured there was no sense in polishing the bottom of the logs knowing they would get scuffed up again by the bunks. For the other areas I wet-sanded with 600, then 1500, then 2000. That was follwed by a combination of Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish and Gord's applied by hand to get the heavy oxidation off. I couldn't get a really good shine by hand no matter what so I purchased a Makita 9227C buffer and polished everything it could reach and redid the inaccesable spots with just Mother's again. I still have a few areas to go over again but at this point I need a break from polishing.

I'm not sure if I'm going to Shark Skin this or not. I'm wondering how long the shine will last without it, Gord's claims their product is also a sealer so I might wait and see how it holds up. I can always do a quick reshine and seal later.

Back