Trailer guide ons

Wild and Free

Reaction score
Figured as long as I was in picture mode and it takes months for me to get around to these things I would do it all at once.

Took a couple shots of how I modified my factory Shorelandr' trailer guide ons. They amounted to a 2X4 steel tube with a carpeted 2X4 bolted to the outer side of it which just got destroyed the first few windy day loads so I had some 3 1/2 inch schedule 40 pvc I had hammered over the top of the steel upright after I had removed the carpeted wood junk, I had used it that was for a few years but it looked like hell so I got some bigger 4 inch schedule 40pvs with some nice caps and made them a bit higher as the lifting strakes and the skegs of the ESP package would want to climb up the previous ones due to being a couple inches too short and not having caps on top.

After several loading with the new design they work awesome now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done. I need to try that for mine as I have the vertical angles with carpeted 2x4 now. I worry about the back sides scratching up the outer toons.

The dents in the front of the nose cones and deep scratches it brought on my last toon was the reason for the pvc on them to start with, it worked so I improved on the design a bit.

Back