Trailer guides for elliptical tubes

Yes, LOVE THEM. I have both, I find the horizontal works to catch the front toon in wind, allows me to power / pivot, and then the horizontal guides keeps the Benny from floating off the front.

Thank you, exactly what I needed!

I have just the inside guide bunks that were on the trailer when I got it back in 2011 with our 32" elips. They do a nice job. Old pic when I had the wrangler and the Gladiator.

Attachments

• Trailer guide bunks.jpg
    Trailer guide bunks.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 17
Our newest 2017 22 SSRCX Benny came with a pair of the 45" Extreme Max trailer guides mounted about a foot from back end of trailer. We had a windy situation and even with the guides the boat got crossed up on trailer and one guide got slightly bent from side load from wind.. Screw this, I said! Got the credit card out and ordered 2 sets of Veve heavy duty 45" trailer guides and 3 sets of black foam padded 36" socks with black canvas covering that sleeve over top of the PVC pipes to protect boat. I moved the original Extreme Max set as far back as possible. Next mounted one Veve set about 2 1/2' forward of that, then third set ahead of double axle about 9-10' ahead of the second set. Kept spacing about 2" away from pontoon surfaces. Then installed 36" foam padded black canvas sleeves over each PVC pipe. Maybe I will get laughed at as overkill but wife hates the loading/unloading drama so if it goes seamless with all these guides, then "happy wife, happy life" will make it worth it. :cool: She even bought both of us t-shirts that say "sorry for what I said while docking boat" Kinda funny seeing someone in Covid-19 face mask yelling obscenities while trying to hang onto docking ropes. :rolleyes: Haven't been out to try them yet. I will paint exposed brackets with a rust proof black paint eventually. Note that both brands of guides have 14 gauge metal and an angled brace welded in for strength. Not all brands are as reinforced. Almost the same initial cost but some are made huskier. Didn't opt for galvanized as we only go to fresh water rivers and lakes.View attachment 27189View attachment 27190View attachment 27191View attachment 27192
Hey what is your center to center trying to figure out the bunks on the trailer

Hey what is your center to center trying to figure out the bunks on the trailer
The member you quoted has not been active on the forum for over a year. You can send him a PM . Hopefully he will reply.

Possibly you can use this and apply the relative scale to measure.

Attachments

• Diagram Tube Support Spacing.pdf
    74.6 KB · Views: 15
Get the guides from pontoonstuff.com

https://www.pontoonstuff.com/products/pontoon-trailer-guide-ons

I bought these and have been very impressed with them. I had looked at others, but the reviews were all over the place. Most of them bend or don't work very well, and I didn't want to take my trailer to a shop and have them fabricate custom guides.
These are very strong, and have a nice glossy powder coated black finish on them that looks like it will stand up well to the water. The 2x4s can be removed and recarpeted easily if need be at a later time. They bold right onto the cross beams of the trailer with 4 bolts (2 U-bolts) on each guide.
Pontoonstuff.com was great to do business with. Fast order confirmation, fast shipping, and great communication. Buy with confidence.
What do you think about the guides that have rollers instead of a solid piece?

Yes, LOVE THEM. I have both, I find the vertical works to catch the front toon in wind, allows me to power / pivot, and then the horizontal guides keeps the Benny from floating off the front.

Attachments

• 0 Trailer Front Straps Tires Ladder.jpg
    0 Trailer Front Straps Tires Ladder.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 0 Trailer Guides front.jpg
    0 Trailer Guides front.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 0 Trailer Guides Intertior.jpg
    0 Trailer Guides Intertior.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 0 Trailer Guides rear corner.jpg
    0 Trailer Guides rear corner.jpg