Trailer Guides

ILLINOIS AVE

Reaction score
Hello again ! What have members found to be the best way to go as far as Trailer Guides for Tritoon Trailers? I own a Trailmaster, I do have lifting strakes and was told that makes a difference. Is it better to go with guides mounted on the inside of outer toons or outside of outer toons?
Thanks !

Here's what I put on my trailer. They are reasonably priced, well made and really help especially when it's windy. My trailer also has the rear post guides on the outside of the trailer and I'm just about ready to take them off because the inner guides work so well. And, I have lifting strakes on every tube and it's a non-issue.

https://www.pontoonstuff.com/products/pontoon-trailer-guide-ons

I ended up ordering the Guides that Randy recommended from Pontoonstuff. If you are looking for anything contact them, they have great customer service. Put my order in on a Monday morning and had my Guides in my hand by Wednesday afternoon.
Thanks !

Here's what I put on my trailer. They are reasonably priced, well made and really help especially when it's windy. My trailer also has the rear post guides on the outside of the trailer and I'm just about ready to take them off because the inner guides work so well. And, I have lifting strakes on every tube and it's a non-issue.

https://www.pontoonstuff.com/products/pontoon-trailer-guide-ons
I will have to look at these. I just got the boat so i dont even know what the trailer looks like without the boat.

Doug,
Where do you boat in AZ? If you're in Havasu you're welcome to look at mine.

Doug,
Where do you boat in AZ? If you're in Havasu you're welcome to look at mine.
I live in surprise AZ. the boat is stored in Parker and we will trailer it to Havasu. We just bought the boat this week and have not even used it yet other than the test drive with the previous owner. Right now I am planing on being out there on the 20th. Was thinking or staying at Havasu springs for the weekend but they are sold out. I am looking (as I type) for a place we can stay that has a ramp and slips so if you can suggest some that would be great.

The Nautical has their own launch area. It's not great but it works. The Marina in Thompson Bay has both a ramp and slips. They don't take reservations, it's first come first serve, but I've never seen it sold out. I think they charge $15 to use the ramp and the slips are $20 a day (or very close to that). London Bridge resort has slips and rooms but no launch ramp. You'd have to use the Marina, Site 6 (free) or Windsor to launch. Cattail Cove has been under construction but I haven't been down there for about 6 months so I'm not sure what they've done. Havasu Springs is sold out because the Snowbirds are in full swing right now. Come late March/early April most fly the coop by then and things are back to normal (and quiet). If you're a golfer stay away from Emerald Canyon in Parker unless you don't mind 6 hour rounds. I work at the Refuge in Havasu and they jacked up the golf prices so the place has been dead and nearly wide open.

Last edited:
I went with the outside 60" guides. The only thing i didn't like was in order to get it in my storage area I had to have the guides in tight against the boat. I wanted them out about 6" on each side. Plus with them out that far I would be way too wide on the road. I decided to go a little custom and made little receivers for each side so I can travel with them in tight and move them out when I need to .
20180303_160010.jpg

Back