Welcome to Club Bennington

An official club forum for Bennington boats

Login Register

Trailer Guides

Discussion in 'Owners Chat: Options and Upgrades' started by Dougncrew, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Dougncrew

Dougncrew Well-Known Member

I would like to get trailer guides so 2 people can load the boat without much effort. I have seen the ones on the outside of the of the boat that are about 5' tall and the ones that go under the boat. I am leaning towards the tall ones on the out side. Does anyone have any recommendations? The boat is a 2575 RCW.

2. swiftm

swiftm Well-Known Member

I don’t trailer, but there have been lengthy threads about trailer guides previously. Use the search box at the top to look for them and see if they answer any of your questions.

3. myv10

myv10 Well-Known Member

I always used the ones underneath the the boat, i boat on a windy lake and never had a problem loading the boat.

4. Dougncrew

I did that first and it brought up 2 threads on the ones that go under the boat. Wasnt sure if they work with a tri toon or not.

5. Dougncrew

I will look under it and see if that will work. Maybe take a picture of the trailer a nd post it here.

6. adkboater

adkboater Well-Known Member

I have guides under my triple toon, you just have to adjust them correctly so your positioning on the bunks is close. To much gap and the logs drop between the bunk and guide. When you load just leave a couple inches of the guide out of the water so the log catches them.

7. Dougncrew

Oh by the way. You were correct. I used the search and found many threads.

swiftm and cwag911 like this.
  8. azray007

azray007 Well-Known Member

If you're still looking, I went with this (https://pontoonloader.com) and am very happy. It works great, especially in windy wavy weather.

9. ILLINOIS AVE

ILLINOIS AVE Well-Known Member

Hi Doug Some members have commented that certain Trailer Guides might not work if you have Lifting Strakes depending on Trailer. I got some from Pontoonstuff.com.Go to the pontoon Forum above and search it.

10. dannyleininger

dannyleininger Well-Known Member

My dealer called yesterday to confirm the configuration on our trailer. I wanted some manner of a guide for loading the boat. After talking with our dealer it was decided that we would have BOTH the Outer and Inner guides installed on our trailer. However, I have zero experience loading a Pontoon on a trailer. That event starts about the second week of Febuary. :))