Trailer Options for 30Qx30 (10'-wide)?

12hands

Reaction score
Hello,

We are getting a Qx30 that is 10' wide. I calculate the total capacity needed to be ~9000 lbs., as below:

~5400# - boat dry weight
~2000# - twin Yamaha 425's
~1100# - 166 gallon tank, full (166 * 6.3 lbs/gallon)
~400# - random other stuff that might be on board...anchor, full cooler, cover, gear.

Sum of above: ~9000 lbs.

There are options but the weight capacity is always a little short (i.e Yacht Club, PB3080TR with extension for 10-wide, http://hltlimitedtrailers.com/deluxe-series/ is rated for #8000). Is the last 1000 lbs something to worry about?

Are there alternative trailer brands would anyone suggest for this situation?

Thank you,
12hands

LOL and LOL again! Are you going to try to trailer that beast on a regular basis? Laws/requirements regarding wide loads vary widely from road to road and state to state. In any event, exceeding the load limit of any trailer (or tow vehicle) comes with liability issues that most people (and insurance companies) prefer to avoid.

Thanks PartyBarge. I figured as much. We don’t plan to trailer often, but when we do I want to be safe. F250 on the job so good there. Dealer is looking for options. I am open to opinions and wisdom about good options among the many brands out there...

This will be an interesting thread to follow. Boy you are going to make an impression at the boat ramp!

Contact Boatmate and see if they can build you one to handle that ship. They custom build trailers. Yacht Club has tri-axle trailers to handle 12-15k lbs, but the 10' width is the problem.

Don't forget that you need to figure in the weight of the trailer too. Of course, letting them know your total boat weight, on a custom build, they should have you covered (i.e. I'm thinking you need 11-12k lb axles, hitch, build, etc.)

And as previously stated, there are permitting requirements for over 8.5' wide.

Good luck with this venture. Sounds exciting!

Good luck with a custom from a boat trailer company. They are all swamped! Your best hope is that one of them has a model that might work.

What's your location?
One of the good folks here might be able to point you in a helpful direction.

Good luck with a custom from a boat trailer company. They are all swamped! Your best hope is that one of them has a model that might work.

What's your location?
One of the good folks here might be able to point you in a helpful direction.
Thanks Bill, I'm in Central NY...Syracuse area.

PM me please.
I can give you a fellow's number that might either be able to help, or perhaps refer to to someone else.

Well heck, I can PM you too!
Lol

Boatmate built the trailer for the 10' wide Bennington on Lake Cumberland. Lookout Marina sold him the boat and trailer. 606 561 5904
It took 14 weeks to get my Boatmate trailer last year. it is a 8000# rated beautiful trailer.

What only an F250??? LOL

Back