Trailer Options for 30Qx30 (10'-wide)?

Was Scott able to help you?
He is looking into options, but have not heard back yet. When I referenced your referral, he seemed appreciative! I'll let you know when I hear back. Surprisingly, this is not a simple problem. It is the combination of the extra fuel tank (166 gal) and the two Yamaha 425's that lead to the weight problem. Size (width) not the hard part -- but finding a trailer that can hold >9000 pounds is actually challenging. I do have an promising option that I will report on pending how it goes. Thank you again.

You're welcome.
I didn't think he would be terribly far from you. Ohio if I remember right?

There are several here in Florida who can certainly do it for you. Owens and Sons, BoatMaster, Myco Trailers, among others. All aluminum construction, electric over hydraulic brake actuator, stainless disc brakes, all made to order. They're used to doing bigger custom boats, cats, performance boats, government contracted LEO boats, etc. so anything is possible for a price. I have a Myco for a 30' and they ship all over the country.

We know people who live in NY ... but none of them have a trailer-boat wider than 8'-6" beam.
Regulations for NY look like they can be found on the NY State DOT website. Basically it looks like NY Special Hauling Notice 09-03, Restrictions For Private Boat Owners, indicates the following guidelines apply for private boat owners transporting their boats that are over the standard maximum 8'-6" beam width:
* Width less than or equal to 9’-0” = DOT may issue annual or trip permits with continuous travel authorized.
* Width greater than 9’-0” and equal to or less than 10’-0” = DOT may issue annual or trip permits with weekend travel allowed. Night travel and travel during holidays designated by DOT where oversize travel is not allowed is prohibited.
* Width greater than 10’-0” = DOT standard permit requirements apply. All other Special Hauling permit requirements apply to private boat 0wners. This includes having the required signs, flags, and lights.
There are other special regulations for example that apply to New York City.
Sounds like your DOT is the authoritative place to check for your requirements and permits.
Good luck!

Update: I went with Boatmate, who made a custom trailer capable of 12,600 lbs total, and a carrying capacity of at least 10,000 lbs. they used a chassis that they ordinarily do Not use for a pontoon, and modified with the appropriate bunks.

It has a nice “spiral” staircase, custom paint to match the boat, tri-axle with good looking tires, heavy duty winch and jack, etc. Brakes on three axles. Importantly, it was able to be built in the next 8weeks and delivered to NY (from Tenn).

I dealt with a guy named Randy who was great. Of course, the actual results will be seen when it is delivered. But I am optimistic so far. Also, price was reasonable. Other quotes were substantially over $10k, this was well under. I’m waiting for the catch...so far so good.

Will post photos when it arrives.

Can’t wait to see the trailer and pictures of your water based living room

Back