Trailer Options

jrochin

Reaction score
So I recently picked up a new 2015 2275 GCW .  I'd like to get a trailer with the guides underneath.  I've looked online and can't really find anything local to me (Northeast PA)  except the dealer can get me a Venture vpt-26-40 which has almost everything I want: dual axle hydraulic disc brakes, led lights, poly sleeves over bunks and the front ladder.  The problem is they only offer the pvc pipe guides (like you see on many fiberglass boat trailers)  Not sure I like the idea or look of that style.  I can't find any other options for a decent price online.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance

That trailer may be too long for a 22' toon. I have a 2016 24/30 and had to move the front stops & steps back about 3'. The only diff between the 3000lb & the 4000. Trailer are the tires. There was on sitting right next to mine & I looked them over carefully. Maybe you can get venture to put the larger tires on a 24/30 and you will have a 4000 lb capacity. Anyway, its a nice trailer for the money!

The guides Havasu linked to are very similar to the ones on my Karavan Trailer. You could probably buy them separately if need be.

They are pretty reasonable.  $130 for four.  I'll slap mine on when I get the boat back from service/warranty work.

That trailer may be too long for a 22' toon. I have a 2016 24/30 and had to move the front stops & steps back about 3'. The only diff between the 3000lb & the 4000. Trailer are the tires. There was on sitting right next to mine & I looked them over carefully. Maybe you can get venture to put the larger tires on a 24/30 and you will have a 4000 lb capacity. Anyway, its a nice trailer for the money!

I asked the dealer about that, I was told with the extended deck and motor ect.  The overall length of the boat is about 25'

The trailer legnth is based on the legnth of the pontoons! The extended deck & motor dont matter. You must set up the trailer so that your pontoon end caps just make it on the bunks! Any further and you will damage your transducer. Also your motor will end up inside the rear crossbar when you haul the boat out!!! Trust me on that scenario, thats a problem. If your trailer bunks are too long, you wont be able to get the toung weight correct. Check with Venture before you buy. They are very helpful.

I will try to get you a photo of my 22 on the venture trailer

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there room for these with a Tritoon?  If so, I am getting them!

Yep.  Mine has the ESP package and they have plenty of room to fit.

I'll be a first time boat owner this year with a 22 ssx coming in soon.  I'll be trailering the boat between multiple lakes.  Would you guys recommend those guide ons?  Is it easy to miss without them?

I did not have the guides. It was VERY difficult at first, especially in windy conditions. After awhile I got better. If I had to do.again, I'd put guides on.

Back