Trailer Question

Bull

Reaction score
Gents

Sorry for not using the search function, but it is tough navigating when I am on the road.

I have a 2250 GSR ( Triple-toon)with a 150 and was talking to my dealer about boats.

He quoted me 3250 ( set-up included)

for a Caravan or Yacht Club

Both are galvanized, tandem axles with surge brakes.

Truth be told, with few exceptions this will be used twice a year with a total of 50 miles.

How is the quality and price....

Thanks in advance....I really won't be able to do more homework on this till I get home this weekend

Al 

Price is ok but make sure you get  "D" rated tires &13" wheels. Try looking into " Wesco Trailers" as well I have one and very satisfied. They have a web site.

I have a Yacht Club double pwc trailer that I've been happy with.  I only use it twice a season, once to put in, once to pull them out.  Add bearing buddies.

I disagree on the 13" tires recommendation.

With the smaller wheels you do not have to back into the water as far to load/unload.

Also catches more wind resistance gong down the highway as it sits taller.

Had both & will not do the taller tires again!

But the catch 22 is, smaller tires spin more rpms which means higher bearing wear, so make sure to keep them greased up good !!!! Of course this goes for any tire size but even more important the smaller you go.

Can you imagine what the RPM is on a 10" tire at 65? I blew one last year towing my benny on a single axel. (New Tire) Traded it in for a tandem 13" wheels. Didn't find that much difference launching. Could be the mfg. way of setting it up so that it doesn't sit high. The brakes make a big difference as well

Have taken our 22' pontoon on a Hoosier dual axle trailer 600 miles one way to Canada for 12 years now on 8" tires.  The lower ride height does help on the sway and vacuum sucking when we pass the semi's.  We replaced the valve stems 5 years ago.  We always get higher load rated tires than called.  We grease the bearings at start of season, before we leave for Canada and before we head back home.  The best news is that the greases and bearings are always improving.

I think if you do the math the height difference between a 10" and 13" wheel amounts to 11/2 "  Not much, but the RPM rate is cut by about 15%. Plow a 10" and you have to replace the tire before going on. Plow a 13" you can take it off and keep going. Boat and trailer will be fine on 3 tires. A little more security to finish the trip.

I've got the 20.5 x 8 x 10 and have never had a problem. but I seldom drive over 60,pulling the boat, and I do keep the axels well greased !!!

That's suppose to be blow a tire not plow . Sorry

Back