Trailer too long for barn

Wow. That's a creative solution!

Wow, quite the ingenuity! You aren't leaving it suspended like that full time I assume? It definitely needs support under the toons.

Creative but is it proper?
Mine has “No Lift” stamped right at the eyelets?? You may void the structural warranty by doing this?

I would think you’d want to lift straight up too and not prying out the higher you go. Looks cool though!

Not good at posting so all of my comments got left out. First - I checked with the dealer to find out the lifting points and they move all of their toons that way. Second, this is only to get it off the trailer, it will set on blocks just not pictured. The lifting rig can be used to lift other boat but it's commonly used to lift pontoons. This was the test lift but now my engineer buddies are designing me spreader lifting bars for the front and back to make sure the loads are evenly distributed.

Very creative, but seems like a lot of work. How often do you have to do this? I had the same questions as many above but your last post addressed most of them. Welcome to this forum and to the world of Bennington boating.

Total lift time and moving the trailer out, doing it by myself is about 30 minutes. Yep, it's a lot of work but I plan to store the boat on the trailer during the summer with the tongue sticking out the back of the drive-thru barn (use some fencing to keep the critters out). It will be on blocks during the winter. By the way - this is from go-hoist.com.

Nice system. Looks like you have it all planned out. Enjoy!

You're right Semperfi - there is "no lift" stamped on the eyes. Thanks for the heads-up. I did check with the dealer and he assured me that is the way they lift all of their toons but I will not use those eyes again until I do some more research. In the meantime I have lots of engineer buddies (real engineers) that can help me set up the safest lifting points. I won't need it for 3 months so I have time on my side. Only plan to use it twice a year.

Total lift time and moving the trailer out, doing it by myself is about 30 minutes. Yep, it's a lot of work but I plan to store the boat on the trailer during the summer with the tongue sticking out the back of the drive-thru barn (use some fencing to keep the critters out). It will be on blocks during the winter. By the way - this is from go-hoist.com.

Did you look at one of these for your trailer? Might give you enough to squeeze it in....

https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Fo...MI59iAnMSL3AIVTsDICh3oBg13EAAYASAAEgLhVvD_BwE

Yes I did, but thanks for the suggestion. I have (2) 9-inch wide lifting straps, 10,000 LBS cap. each) on order that will let me cradle the pontoons and make the lift. The concern now is the side push that it will create on the outside toons but we are working on a solution for that too. I'll send you pics when we finish. Thanks again.

Back