Trailer weight

JOwen72

Reaction score
Looking for a good guess on what a double axle trailer for a 24' pontoon weighs. I'm surprised it's so hard to find specs for them. Ours specifically is a 2016 Tennessee PTLT 3424-1DB.

My Phoenix tandem for a 24' pontoon weighs 1200 lbs

Our trailer weighs just a tick over 1100lbs. It’ll fit up to a 25’ pontoon.

I think ours was about 800 for a 22'.

I had the same question after I purchased my new to me 2016 24SSRX this year. My trailer manufacturer is Hustler Boat Trailers, who I called and was told 1200lbs. They explained to me, that all you have to do is look at the trailer manufacturers plate on the Trailer. Take the Gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) (mine is 5000 lbs.) and Subtract the Max carrying capacity (mine is 3800 lbs.) which = the weight of the trailer unloaded (mine is 1200 lbs.)

If you're trying to get at whether your vehicle can pull your boat safely, take the boat and trailer to a truck stop. You'll be surprised how much the "stuff" in your boat weighs. Anchors, batteries, gas, oil, motor, tools. Don't forget a cooler or two full of ice and drinks. They go in the boat or vehicle on the way to the lake, but either way, your vehicle tows it all. My 24SSL with Express weighs about 5100 lbs on the trailer. Guessing my trailer is the standard 1200 lbs, that puts the boat WAY over what the dry weight is on the Bennington website.

+1 on the weigh count scale!

Back