Trailering a 2020 20SFVSG

Willy

Reaction score
We just purchased a 2020 20SFVSG. The dealer suggested we remove the rear most cushion and tabletop while trailering. Is this so? Those items take up a lot of space in my vehicle. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thank you.

If you only have a slow trip to a nearby launch site, it won’t matter (that is all I do - Just in and out for the season) Traveling at faster road or highway speeds for longer distances those 2 things (as well as other loose items like skis, tubes, vests or even coolers) can be EASILY dislodged by winds and fly out of the boat. You could possibly rig a way to tie them down in the boat if you really don’t have room in your vehicle.

Last edited:
When I trailer at speeds over 35 mph, no matter how far, I remove the tabletop. I put it into a pillow case and slide it under the helm so it doesn't fly out. The pillowcase protects it from scuff/rubbing marks. All my cushions are secured to the seats with hinges, so they can't fly out.

If the rear cushion can fly out, maybe find a way to bungee cord it so it can't fly out.

Lost the rear starboard cushion on my GCW a couple of years back. $175 later, I take it out when I trailer.

Back