Trailering: Yamaha 150, Up and locked or down?

cwrivera

Reaction score
Good Morning,

Two weeks into the Tri-toon life. Reading the Yamaha manual, it advises that when trailering, to not use the tilt support lever? My dealership advises the opposite. Logic tells me to follow the manufactures recommendations?

So what is this tilt support lever for and which way should the motor be trailered in?

thanks for everyone's help.

I've towed mine with the motor down (per the manual) from MI to FL without issue. If the manual says don't do it.....don't do it. Not to knock the dealer but he is giving you bad info here.

F9FAB81C-F2E5-4C6E-BC05-2C2159AB4659.jpeg

As already stated, that lever is nothing but safety device for the mechanic, not to be used for trailering.

I always use a transom saver on my Yamaha. It fully supports the motor and transom. Note: when using the transom saver, always be sure you boat is strapped down well, bow and stern.
That is not a pic of my boat/trailer; just one like mine.

I'm not completely sold on the transom savers. I've heard conflicting reports on them. Some say that it transfers shocks and stress from the trailer (when going over bumps/dips) directly to the engine. I just trailer with the engine down on the stops. Never had a problem.

Back