Trailers - Mid-America vs. Wolverine

DaveyJ

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with either make?  I have been shopping trailers pretty extensively the last month and need to sh*t or get off the pot, so to speak.  The dealer I bought the boat from (2013 2375 GCW ESP - approx. 4,400lbs) sells Mid-America and I can get a basic PT24T (5,360lb rating) with single axle surge brakes, center bunk (all bunks 2x4 carpet), and guides for around $3,400 all in.  The Wolverine is from a small trailer dealer and he would be upgrading the standard wheel/tire combo to 14" to increase the capacity to around 6,000lbs.  The Wolverine comes with dual electric brakes, center bunk (all bunks 2x6 plastic), and no guides for around $3,700 all in.  The Mid-America is powder coated with painted wheels and a 1 year warranty while the Wolverine is galvinized with chrome wheels and a 5 year warranty.  On the surface, this looks like a no-brainer for the Wolverine but my concern is build quality.  The Mid-America looks like a better quality trailer and my concern is that the Wolverine could be a problem child even with the 5 year warranty.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

I have the MA PT22t and am very happy with it.  I originally had a yacht club 24, but the dealer swapped it out be cause it was too long.  I like the MA over the YC for sure.  I looked at the support pieces that hold the bunks, fender type/style, greaseable hubs, coupler style, and as you noted overall build quality, welds etc.. I prefer the coated versus galv.  Having both axles with brakes is a plus but also more maintenance and i don't think single axle brakes is deficient in performance for what i have.  I dont worry about guides.  The front ladder is very important too don't overlook that feature.

The mid America is the better trailer. I don't have either but build quality and components on the Mid America will last longer. Many have them here and love them. You could probably make some changes and order a mid America just the way you want it.

Wolverines are built about an hour from me. I bought one of their crank ups. The are adequate, but that's all.

I'm not familiar with the other brand.

Appreciate the input!  Thinking I will probably go with the Mid-America but just got a good price on a Shoreland'r with 5,500 lb capacity and dual axle surge brakes for about $400 more than the MA so that's now option 2.

Back