Transom rings??V

KJB

Reaction score
we just took delivery of a 21’. There are 2 rings mounted ahead of the motor about 18” apart. They are too close to the motor to be tow or lift rings. Any thoughts???

Probably to secure stuff on the rear deck.

They mounted to frame of boat, not the transom, correct? If so, they are for tie downs on trailer.

Have you got a pic of them? Remember that most of the boat lifting is done prior to the mounting of the motor, so they might be for lifting the boat. Mine has two in front of the motor, that my dealer stated were there for lifting the boat. I had two on the rear of the first Bennington, that I used for tying down the stern to the trailer for traveling.

Here’s a pic of the rings. Still not sure of their purpose.

Attachments

• 8B79F50A-E55A-4C14-A284-A1328D7AED94.jpeg
    8B79F50A-E55A-4C14-A284-A1328D7AED94.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 35
I believe they are for use at the factory.

Those are the rings I have. I was told by dealer, they are used to hoist the boat.

They’re supposedly what our dealer uses to lift the boats when he gets delivery.

We have ones that look like that but farther apart closer to sides - one is almost behind the ladder. I use them as tie downs to the trailer. Doesn’t look look like you could do that where these are located. Lifting points seems likely.

We have ones that look like that but farther apart closer to sides - one is almost behind the ladder. I use them as tie downs to the trailer. Doesn’t look look like you could do that where these are located. Lifting points seems likely.

I have tie down loops further back for trailering my boat. These could certainly be good for several things; one being to use to tie down toys, coolers, etc. to the swim deck.

Back