Trash Can

Michael Joseph

Reaction score
I know it’s probably been asked here before but I’m new so I’m going to ask again: Does anyone of a particular model trash can that will fit under the seats, particularily on a 2018 22GCW? Just a cheap plastic can.

I know it’s probably been asked here before but I’m new so I’m going to ask again: Does anyone of a particular model trash can that will fit under the seats, particularily on a 2018 22GCW? Just a cheap plastic can.

It’s been covered a few times. I did a quick “Trash Can” search in the search box. Try this link to a previous post. In one of the threads they have a specific model number/brand trash can.

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/threads/what-size-trash-containers-fit.7257/#post-96652

New Benny owner here, and on the handy side. I picked up a taupe plastic trash can at Walmart and modified it to fit under the lounge flip-up seat. It is an 8-gallon unit. I cut a bevel on the front to have it fit snugly at the opening. The lip on my opening is 14" up from the floor, so I cut the can 13.25" up from the bottom and then matched the angle of the opening in the lounge seat. That gave me 7.5" from the back lip of the can. The opening in the seat is only 12" wide, and the can is 14" so I left it out in the sun to make it flexible and then pinched it like a bowtie to push it through the opening. It is not a remove-to-empty setup, but we use bags and just pull them at the end of the day.
bb-trash-1.jpeg bb-trash-2.jpeg bb-trash-3.jpeg bb-trash-4.jpeg bb-trash-5.jpeg bb-trash-6.jpeg bb-trash-7.jpeg

Attachments

• bb-trash-8.jpeg
    bb-trash-8.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 12
Great idea! Thanks for sharing the step-by-step instructions and photos.

Looks great, and the detailed instructions are very handy for “people like me” = insert non=crafty. Nice job!!!

Great post!!!

I may do this, but we've kept our fenders there for the last 8 years...

Never really found a good way to deal with trash.

Another reason to take measurements... See my other post today. Different thread.

Great post!!!

I may do this, but we've kept our fenders there for the last 8 years...

Never really found a good way to deal with trash.

This was our little cheap quick fix using 3M Command hooks ...

89AFF3FE-7895-49AE-87D3-8FB4ADC3F7BE.jpeg CEF6BD06-35A8-4DA4-9F43-690F0CF5FDA8.jpeg

Back