Tri-toon Center storage

Benni Newbie

Reaction score
I am in the beginning stages of purchasing a 22 tri-toon S series. The center storage option is expensive but seems like a really nice feature to stow wet items. Any thoughts?

It is great for storing wet items but also skis, wake boards, fenders, etc. I personally think it is worth the money.

We are on a 3-day trip to Lake Ouachita. Every morning the playpen cover is wet with dew... the center pontoon storage is the perfect place for it (plus the wet drift anchor when we don't need it)

We got the center storage on the advice of many on this forum. I don’t use it too much, but it is convenient for some things - particularly wet items. We store our boat cover and skis/tow ropes down there. However, we have the swingback seating, so that provides a ton of storage room that is a little more accessible. Thus, many things I think others might drop into the center storage, ends up under our swingback seating. Also, we are lake side, so we also have the benefit of pulling out things as needed dockside from the cottage garage.

IF you are towing your boat all the time to locations where you only have access to what can be put on the boat after launching it, then I would 100% get it.

IF you are lakeside, or have seating like our swingback that has LOTS of additional storage beneath seats, then it could go either way in my mind given its costs.

IF you are towing your boat all the time to locations where you only have access to what can be put on the boat after launching it, then I would 100% get it.
IF you are lakeside, or have seating like our swingback that has LOTS of additional storage beneath seats, then it could go either way in my mind given its costs.

This ^^

For most applications you can never have too much storage, and cant add it later. great for that large pack of lifejackets we have as extras in case we go full capacity of people; rafts, floats, paddles, etc.... we use ours alot and it is in a slip with a lockable tub on the slip as well so we could live without it but do not want to. i say get it.

A definite yes on the tri-toon center tube storage. We use it all the time for storing the cover and bumpers whenever we go out. Much easier than trying to fit these under the seats. Also plenty of storage room for water skis and our extra table.

Two things that I thought were overpriced during the boat buying process.
1) Center tube storage
2) Extended rear deck

If I did it again, I would buy both without hesitation. I have two inflatable paddle boards that fit nicely in the center tube. We go out to coves and inflate them. I don't think they would fit anywhere else for storage.

Depending on model, extended deck is standard item.
Fastback, Swingback, Stern lounge(CW) ... etc...

Ours is full of skis, knee boards, extra life jackets, etc. just remember to leave it open at the end of the day to allow it to air out, if you have gotten things wet that are stored in it. Our last pontoon did not have it and we had to put racks on the sides. Now it is all neatly tucked away out of site.

+1 on the center toon storage. It's not cheap, but for us it is worth every penny especially when you have a lot of passengers or are carrying things you'll be using on the water. Maybe the most "bang for the buck" option that we bought with the swingback keeper rail being a contender (22SSBXP).

Would never own a tri-toon with out center storage. You can never have to much storage.

Great place to put the waterskis. Last Bennington had to leave them on the floor. Always in the way. Well worth the money.

Back