Tri-toon Center storage

Since the topic is already being discussed....what items do center tubers store in that middle tube? Do some of you store dry items in wster proof bags and containers down there too? Love to hear the different replies.

Tone

I store noodles, skis, tubes. I have also put life jackets and water vests in it. I also have plastic step for getting on the bow of the boat that I store in the tube. You could put just about anything in there. With the adequate storage under seats, you never have clutter all over the boat. Just love it.

Mine has to be pumped out after heavy downpours, so I’ve learned not to put anything in there that might mildew. And yes, I keep the mooring cover on, and the trailer tongue jacked up to keep water from running toward the bow, from the stern.

Since the topic is already being discussed....what items do center tubers store in that middle tube? Do some of you store dry items in wster proof bags and containers down there too? Love to hear the different replies.

Tone

We put our mooring cover and poles in it when its not on the boat. We also keep skis in it. That’s pretty much it, but we are also lakeside so that gives us a bit more flexibility. Additionally we have the Swingback set up, that gives us a huge and more easily accessible spot to store most other times, particularly when mixed with the under the seat storage. Thus, we probably keep more items (noodles, extra life preservers, etc... under our Swingback seating area that others might put in the center tube storage.

Okay, good to know, i have yet to use mine to its full potential. Thanks guys for giving me a few very good ideas and ways to use the space.

+1 on the center toon storage. It's not cheap, but for us it is worth every penny especially when you have a lot of passengers or are carrying things you'll be using on the water. Maybe the most "bang for the buck" option that we bought with the swingback keeper rail being a contender (22SSBXP).
We got the center tube storage. Can’t wait for our build to be done!

I wouldn't order my boat without it! You can store everything from wet to dry items and much much more!. I have enough of those orange coast guard approved vests for all "potential" passengers my boat will hold, pool noodles, other life vests, the removable table, and so much more. All those items have barely made a dent

We put our mooring cover and poles in it when its not on the boat. We also keep skis in it. That’s pretty much it, but we are also lakeside so that gives us a bit more flexibility. Additionally we have the Swingback set up, that gives us a huge and more easily accessible spot to store most other times, particularly when mixed with the under the seat storage. Thus, we probably keep more items (noodles, extra life preservers, etc... under our Swingback seating area that others might put in the center tube storage.
We too have the swinback floor plan. I had the changing room removed from mine (would never use it ) for additional storage. We put 6 lawn chairs, air pump for the floating toys and a safety kit.

I have a swing back so I already have a lot of storage buts it's just silly how much is in our center toon: 1 large bundle of 6 life jackets, 2 table posts and table tops, two six foot pvc poles for beach frisbee game, four support poles for cover, four folding bag chairs for the beach, four oversized bumpers, a full size broom and a couple xl ski vests for adult tubing. It's horrible trying to get at anything at the bottom but we'd have to leave much of that behind without the tube storage.

By doing this we keep the seats open for kids life jackets, bags, towels, food, sunscreen and bug spray, blow up water toys, dog toys, tools, flagpole, boat cover, inflator, etc., the stuff you need to get at frequently.

Last edited:
We used to have 2 two person tubes (one with a back on it) a three person tube (with back) a couple oars, couple bumpers, couple fishing rods in cases, a knee board, and a wakeboard all in there. Loved having it!

Speaking of the center storage, does yours have the heavy sponge like mats in it? If so, do you know what it is and where I can get some more. I lost mine.

You guys are awesome. I am forever learning from you experiences and input...thanks for chiming in.

Speaking of the center storage, does yours have the heavy sponge like mats in it? If so, do you know what it is and where I can get some more. I lost mine.

How, on God's green Earth, does one "lose" the pads from the bottom of the center toon storage...?

Mine came with a poly/plastic bottom panels, I added aluminum angle front to back to stiffen it up a little. Works awesome!

Mine took on a large amount of water after a huge storm. I pulled everything out, including the pads. Rather than put them back in, I put them, folded, on the center bunk of my trailer, just in front of the motor. We took the boat out, and guess what I forgot to get off the trailer? Yep, and I suppose they came off when I launched the boat. I retraced the route, hoping to see them on the road. When I didn’t see them along the way, I figure they are at the end of the ramp.

Last edited:
Back