Tri-Toon Trailer Options

glorey

Reaction score
We have just purchased our first tri toon and are not sure what to do with our trailer. We have a 2007 yacht club double axle that we pulled our 2575 Rl double toon. can we use the same trailer? Should it be modified with a center support for long hauls? the new boat is a 2375 GCW with 150 Yamaha four stroke. Any advice?

You should be able to use it with some adjustments to the length. Yes, you should have a 3rd bunk installed for the center tube. If you're mechanically inclined you could do it yourself. I'm pretty sure they make kits or the parts should be available at the dealer where you got your trailer. Good luck and I'm sure BulldogsCadillac will chime in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think the technical answer would be that you could use the trailer without supporting the centre bunk. However, if you are taking frequent and long trips with it I would want the peace of mind and have it supported.

The other question would be since you are going from a 2575 to a 2375, are the bunks longer than they need to be and making sure the boat is positioned correctly to get the tongue weight correct.

I think any modifications needed shouldn't be too difficult.

Everything said is spot on! You should be able to add the center support/bunks, but you will definitely have to take a look at your axle positioning and get your tongue weight right! So far all the info that has been sent to me is 5-10% is norm, but even 12.5% check what your tongue rating is on the tow vehicle and keep it under that obviously, but it seems to be better to be a little heavier on your tongue than light. Not quite sure why everyone thinks I know a lot, I do listen to a lot if the great info I've gotten from guys like ericscher, geewest,ccando, gerry, and many many more, heck, even kaydano has a good comment, once and a while! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the information cant wait for spring to try it all out!!!

Back