Trim gauge stuck in “up” position

Reaction score
I recently upgraded to a 115 Yamaha 4 stroke from a 50 Yamaha 4 stroke on my 2050RL Bennington. Since the installation the trim gauge is stuck in the full up position. Took it back to the shop and the gauge and the sender unit both checked out fine, but they can’t figure out the issue. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated on what could be wrong. Thanks everyone!

I don’t have any ideas, so I will leave it to those in the forums that are on top of the technical and mechanical side of it all. Just thought I’d congratulate you on the motor upgrade. I am sure that is exciting. I hope someone can help you soon so you can get out there and enjoy it.

First step is to check continuity of wires from sender to gauge. Sounds like a bad wire or bad ground.

Its either the wire connection between the gauge and the sending unit or the adjustment on the sending unit in the rear. I had a similar issue that was corrected with "playing" with the adjustment. It was a pain and a bit tricky to get it set correctly.

Back