Trim Gauge

pcvaughn

Reaction score
Just took delivery of our 2275 FSI with a 115 Yamaha. Haven't had it in the water yet, still waiting for ice off here in ND. I noticed that the gauge seems to be off some. Any ideas if that is a problem I should bring up to the dealer? WOuld it be off a bit if it was sitting on the trailer so it will be accurate on the water? Just don't know if i need to bring it back to the dealer to check on it.

Hi PCV

I have the same boat on order. What do you mean by off?

Steve

Hello, suprised to see another from ND here on the forum. Where abouts do you call home and or do most of your boating?

I had this issue with my last benny and it was an adjustment I made myself. The dealer can do it but it came loose on me and I never liked how it registered on it anyhow so I found the adjustment and set it to where I wanted it to read.

On the yamaha the trim switch is mounted on the motor above the pivot shaft right smack in the middle and there is a hose clamp looking device with a single screw that you loosen and rotate to adjust how it will read on the gauge it presses angaisnst the switch. If you trim it up all the way and look at the motor pivot shaft you will see it but to adjust, it will be easier to do with motor trimmed all the way down as it is a single screw that just needs to be loosened slightly to rotate the lever/clamp. Once you look at it you will figure it out easily.

Thanks for the info on the trim guage. I was at the dealer for lunch today and he gave me the same info. Appreciate it.

We do most of our boating on Lake Sakakawea starting at Ft Stevenson Marina. We drive down from Minot most weekends all summer long. How bout you?

We do most of our boating on Lake Sakakawea starting at Ft Stevenson Marina. We drive down from Minot most weekends all summer long. How bout you?
We live west of Mandan and usually split our time between the Missouri river and sakakawea also. generally put in at sakakawea state park or on the river at cross ranch state park or in Bismarck Mandan ramps. With the river running at near record levels and sounds to be that way all summer we will most likely spend most weekends at cross ranch near Hensler this year.

Back