Tritoon heading offshore through Haulover

Tin Diesel

Reaction score
OK, first I have to admit that I love to watch YouTube videos of boats going out thru Haulover inlet in Florida. Big boats. Small boats. Expensive boats. Just how many engines can you fit on the back of a boat!!!?

But I NEVER thought I'd see a pontoon boat heading out in those kind of seas... and I don't think it looks like he even had the engine trimmed right. And he has everybody up in the bow!

You can see it starting at 0:45 in this video.

And just in case the video won't play here's a screen print...
Screenshot_20200209-192106_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty rough through that stretch! That pontoon boat had no business going out there.

Funny I’ve been watching those videos lately, showed my wife and she says “I wonder if anyone’s tried it on a pontoon” ... I’m like ”no way, way too rough” ... I forgot, stupidity has no limits.

I have no words. Fun to watch other peoples stupid decisions, but I fear for them and their guests if they boat in that manner. How many other questionable decisions are they making that impact their safety and the safety of others. Yikes!

Meh, we all do stupid things. I do electrical work hot, drive too fast and eat junk food. I buy things that are free like water, religiously root for losing football teams but ignore my religious obligations. I’ve gone down class III-IV rapids in an inner tube and signed contracts without reading all the fine print.

We are fortunate to live in a country where stupid people thrive and successfully reproduce. Let’s better ourselves and help others while throwing less stones. All people do these days is point out the shortcomings of others instead of working towards a more perfect union. That to me is the ultimate form of stupidity and will ensure our extinction.

Soapbox off!

p.s. I love watching these videos too!

I'm a huge fan of doing stupid things...

[edit: my first draft sounded really preachy - sorry. I'll just say I try to limit my stupid stuff to where I'm the only one that can get hurt]

Usually my co-captain keeps me on the safe track!

Last edited:
Hold my beer...

Give me a "like" if you've said those words.

Hold my beer...

Give me a "like" if you've said those words.
Don't drink anymore but I said it too many times when I was younger.....

Back