Tritoon Lift question

Glava2876

Reaction score
Finally getting serious about a lift for our 23 LFB Tritoon -arriving in May 2021.
I have looked at and gotten prices for Shoremaster, which looks like they have a great reputation -but seem to be on the more expensive end -many times you get what you pay for, so probably worth it.
The budget cost, from the nearest dealer to Ogdensburg NY, without a canopy was about $10,000.00+ shipping without a canopy and $13,629.00+ shipping, with canopy. The dealer does not deliver or install, so add that too. This is the 4010 rated for 4,000lbs.
Close to my home near Syracuse NY, there is a local distributor for Feighner and I stopped in to see what they have to offer. They looked to be well built -but never having had a boat lift before, I am not sure.
Their lift, rated for 4,500 lbs 120" beam, 70" lift, with, wheels, pontoon shallow water guide system and power lift is $8,090.28 all in with tax and installation.
Add a canopy and the cost is $10,673.65 all in.
That is quite a difference in price and it is installed -I do not mind spending money, but hate to waste money.
Anyone have experience with Feighner and have good or bad reviews?
Thanks

Wish I could help, other than to say Shoremaster is a reputable brand and I've had two over the years. Never a problem.

Consider watching Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist and trolling your local marinas/dock centers to find a used option. My last Shorestation was $14k new with canopy, and I got a perfect-condition 6 year-old model from my local dock guy for less than $8k. I put the cash I saved into a battery-powered (DC) lift motor with a remote. If you decide to get a lift motor, go 24V vs. 12 - it raises much faster and is easier on the motor. I had 12 for 8 years, and switched to 24 this past year... and the difference is remarkable. Wish I'd have spent the extra $150 right away (all you need is an extra battery, a cable to wire in series, and an upgraded solar panel).

Congrats on the new boat!

I would tell you to make sure you get a lift with at least 1000 LBS over the dry weight of the boat and motor. Keep in mind gear, fuel and people that will be on the boat when you operate the lift. You will find that people tend to enter the boat while lifted and sit in the boat ect.
I would bet your new boat and motor to weight around 3600 LBs. Also make sure you get a 120” wide lift to allow some room to land that boat in wind and waves.

I have a hydraulic hoist that is rated for 4500 and wished I would have spent the extra 1000 for the 5500 as it feels like it works pretty hard when loaded up.
Not sure what shipping is worth and where you are located. I bought a captains choice lift out of ST John’s Michigan. It has been great so far. I paid 10k for it new with a 28’ canopy and a few little extras like a pump box shelf, canopy self storage, ect.

Attachments

• 473DA717-E2B5-4540-A25B-20092D6BAA32.jpeg
    473DA717-E2B5-4540-A25B-20092D6BAA32.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
I would tell you to make sure you get a lift with at least 1000 LBS over the dry weight of the boat and motor. Keep in mind gear, fuel and people that will be on the boat when you operate the lift. You will find that people tend to enter the boat while lifted and sit in the boat ect.
I would bet your new boat and motor to weight around 3600 LBs. Also make sure you get a 120” wide lift to allow some room to land that boat in wind and waves.

I have a hydraulic hoist that is rated for 4500 and wished I would have spent the extra 1000 for the 5500 as it feels like it works pretty hard when loaded up.
Not sure what shipping is worth and where you are located. I bought a captains choice lift out of ST John’s Michigan. It has been great so far. I paid 10k for it new with a 28’ canopy and a few little extras like a pump box shelf, canopy self storage, ect.
Love your patio and dock set-up! Oh, and the Benny doesn't look too bad either...

Wish I could help, other than to say Shoremaster is a reputable brand and I've had two over the years. Never a problem.

Consider watching Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist and trolling your local marinas/dock centers to find a used option. My last Shorestation was $14k new with canopy, and I got a perfect-condition 6 year-old model from my local dock guy for less than $8k. I put the cash I saved into a battery-powered (DC) lift motor with a remote. If you decide to get a lift motor, go 24V vs. 12 - it raises much faster and is easier on the motor. I had 12 for 8 years, and switched to 24 this past year... and the difference is remarkable. Wish I'd have spent the extra $150 right away (all you need is an extra battery, a cable to wire in series, and an upgraded solar panel).

Congrats on the new boat!
I'm lucky enough that there is a good electrical outlet, so no batteries -and the place has a huge Honda back up generator if the power goes out!

Yes, the less expensive lift is rated 4500lbs for my 3,600lb tritoon. It is 120" so that should be good -thanks!

I don’t know anything about feighner, but that price is pretty good. I had priced out a Shorestation a year ago and it was comparable to the shoremaster price you got. Find out what the canopy cover is made of, ie a vinyl coated fabric or something like sunbrella.
My brother has a Craftlander that he bought on Craigslist, and is happy with it. Looking used is a good idea, I bought mine used.

Joeb's post reminded me of a big bit of advice I should have noted - the fabric canopies are preferable as the vinyl options are prone to trap in dew and drip all over your boat, which leads to mildew and other un-fun stuff.

Joeb's post reminded me of a big bit of advice I should have noted - the fabric canopies are preferable as the vinyl options are prone to trap in dew and drip all over your boat, which leads to mildew and other un-fun stuff.
I haven’t had any issues like you mention...but twice a year I wish for the lighter weight of fabric

I have never heard of anything negative about Feighner lifts or docks. I am assuming that the Feighner lifts and docks near us in mid-Michigan are the same as what you are considering, but I don’t know that for sure.

Shoremaster has a great reputation, but there are MANY great lift companies. Given the price difference, I would go with the Feighner. That said, I have no experience with either one. I had a NuCraft (formerly Craftlander) lift, 28’ Sunbrella canopy, and solar panel and motor with remote that was fantastic. However, I sold it two yeas ago when I switched to Sea Legs.

Finally getting serious about a lift for our 23 LFB Tritoon -arriving in May 2021.
I have looked at and gotten prices for Shoremaster, which looks like they have a great reputation -but seem to be on the more expensive end -many times you get what you pay for, so probably worth it.
The budget cost, from the nearest dealer to Ogdensburg NY, without a canopy was about $10,000.00+ shipping without a canopy and $13,629.00+ shipping, with canopy. The dealer does not deliver or install, so add that too. This is the 4010 rated for 4,000lbs.
Close to my home near Syracuse NY, there is a local distributor for Feighner and I stopped in to see what they have to offer. They looked to be well built -but never having had a boat lift before, I am not sure.
Their lift, rated for 4,500 lbs 120" beam, 70" lift, with, wheels, pontoon shallow water guide system and power lift is $8,090.28 all in with tax and installation.
Add a canopy and the cost is $10,673.65 all in.
That is quite a difference in price and it is installed -I do not mind spending money, but hate to waste money.
Anyone have experience with Feighner and have good or bad reviews?
Thanks
Ok, I just ordered the feighner Lift.
The construction has has SS aircraft cables and SS hardware with nylon locking nuts. Mine is the easy rider II rated for 4,500 lbs and a 79"lift & 120" beam width. It has an electric winch, with key fobs, an 18oz Herculite fabric canopy and the shallow water Tritune cradle.
I also got the wheel kit to make it easier to move on shore etc.
They have a fall special ending this month -so all in delivered and installed is was $10,674.00
I have power on the dock and a back-up generator, so no batteries or solar etc.
I'll be getting it and the 23 LFB in the spring, so I'll let everyone know how it ends up in the spring.

Sounds like a good all in price that should fit your needs well. It is amazing how the price can vary so much from brand to brand.

That’s a good price. What length canopy did you get? I have a 26’ long canopy for a 24’ boat.

Its a 24' I believe
If you want the canopy to cover your motor too, I think you will want minimally 26’ canopy. I had a 28’ canopy on our old lift. In the back, it barely covered our mooring cover + motor with our 24’ Bennington. I think we had an extra 1.5’ up front.

Last edited:
I think that makes sense, so the Deck length is 24'-1", which means that the seating area is less than that right? I'm going to bump up to a 26' which only adds $200.00 -It can be windy on the St Lawrence so I don't think that I want to go bigger than 26'
Thanks!

I think that makes sense, so the Deck length is 24'-1", which means that the seating area is less than that right? I'm going to bump up to a 26' which only adds $200.00 -It can be windy on the St Lawrence so I don't think that I want to go bigger than 26'
Thanks!

I think that sounds about right. When you add on another 2’ for your motor onto your actual boat, I think 26’ gets you covered. As expensive as those pretty motor cowl covers are, might better keep it covered too if going through the expensive of having a canopy. For just $200 extra, that’s a no brainer right there! Glad it will work out good for you.

Last edited:
This is taken from the build site
23LFB
SPEC/CAPACITYUS
LOA:24' 9"
Pontoon Length:22' 4"
Deck Length:24' 1"
The whole boat is just under 25 feet so should be pretty close with a 26 foot canopy. Just depends how much coverage you want. If you don't want to go longer it should be darn close.

Back