tritoon on lift question

mrob

Reaction score
Putting the triton in a slip next week. I bought a used lift that was holding a pontoon. I noticed several tritoons that had stack a couple 2x6's high across the 2 bunks in 5 or 6 places and the triton will sit on top the 2X6's. It was a clean look and sat on the boards very nice. Any problems anyone see with this? Thanks

Mark

If you have a full length middle toon that holds the engine and fuel tank, you will need the center board supports.

If you have an Express center toon, you don't require the middle boards as the weight of your engine is spread on the two outer toons. The weight of the center Express toon is relatively light on its own.

We have a 2018 24' slx tritoon with the SPS package. It replaced a 24' pontoon. Our lift was set up for the pontoon. I asked the dealer about adding a center support. He said that wasn't necessary. The dealer has been selling only Benningtons for many years and their main tech guy sounds like he seems to know. I went with his advice and didn't modify our lift. I would think that is a question to bounce off Bennington. On side note, the Manitou tritoons have a center toon that is larger than the two outside toons. There you would definitely have to adjust a lift to support all toons.

I'd be curious if your new tritoon would need another center support. Congrats btw.

I supported all 3 of mine on my last lift. Will do it again at the next house. For me it’s better safe than sorry. I have a 24’s w/sps as well.

I supported all 3 of mine on my last lift. Will do it again at the next house. For me it’s better safe than sorry. I have a 24’s w/sps as well.

I would support all three. A lot of weight on that middle toon not to be supported.

I went through the same thing when we went from a pontoon to tritoon. After many conflicting pieces of advice we ended up supporting all three. Actually replaced all three with metal frame forming a bit of a v on each for a total cost of $800.00.

I was the first pontoon to be on a lift at our marina, and worked with the folks to modify the lift. I copied CWAG's 3 flat parallel boards concept. Works great. This pic was taken before the boards got a vinyl topper.

The majority of advice I got when we bought our SPS Tritoon last year was to 100% support all three toons, particularly with a larger motor on the back. We went with a three toon support lift. I don’t have any great pictures of the lift itself, but I will try to toss up the best I have below:

EEABB4_CF-9_DF4-4116-_ABE6-9_A7_B0_AEC1_B46.jpg

2_C9_C38_A8-16_A3-4_FD3-8_F60-109_D470_E92_BF.jpg

A little off topic but how do you attach the flat boards to the cross beams? I’ll be doing this to our new lift soon. Counter sunk carriage bolts and an aluminum plate?

It is a high tide. Talked to the rep yesterday and he didn’t say anything was really available from the way he was speaking. That catalog is pretty vague too.

It is a high tide. Talked to the rep yesterday and he didn’t say anything was really available from the way he was speaking. That catalog is pretty vague too.
Did you call the company? I ordered the remote light kit directly from them and they were very helpful.

Haven’t called anyone yet. Once I can put my hands on it I’ll give them a jingle.

I am planning on purchasing a lift for me 2017 triton but don't really know what to purchase. I can use all the help I can get. thank you

I am planning on purchasing a lift for me 2017 triton but don't really know what to purchase. I can use all the help I can get. thank you

What area do you boat in?

Can you get a photo of how they attach to the cross member? Thanks!
I'll try when I get a chance. I have the boat on the lift, which blocks the view of the bunks. I'm in a condo complex here in Cape Coral and all the pontoons are on flat bunks. Most have three but some have only two. The dealer I bought the boat from said I only needed two flat bunks for support. I decided three were better than two with a 300 Yamaha on the back. I have a Golden boat lift, which is a very popular brand in this area of Florida.

Back