tritoon on lift question

Thanks wanderer. We have a hi-tide at the house we are buying. I have an idea of how to attach a 2x6 but curious to see how the pro’s do it. Your bunks look different as well. Looks nice.

20180115_112849.jpg This is our Hi-Tide

Thanks Carl. Looks easy enough. Are you using treated boards? I thought that was a no no.

Thanks Carl. Looks easy enough. Are you using treated boards? I thought that was a no no.
I didn't do it so I've never looked closely. I think it depends on the type of treatment used.

The majority of advice I got when we bought our SPS Tritoon last year was to 100% support all three toons, particularly with a larger motor on the back. We went with a three toon support lift. I don’t have any great pictures of the lift itself, but I will try to toss up the best I have below:

EEABB4_CF-9_DF4-4116-_ABE6-9_A7_B0_AEC1_B46.jpg

2_C9_C38_A8-16_A3-4_FD3-8_F60-109_D470_E92_BF.jpg
Vikingstaff- How wide is your lift? I just ordered a 22SBXPDI with SPS and have a 114" wide lift I used on previous boat. That will give me 6" on each side. A local marina said I won't like it. Really don't want to change since I already have one set of vinyl bunks and will order two more for your same setup. Love your boat!! We are on Coldwater Lake just west of Mt. Pleasant. Can't wait for summer and Benny delivery. Also a Spartan Alum- Go Green! Mark

His is 120” wide. I had the same one. Problem is you have to account for load guides with that over all measurement too. It would be tight going smaller but doable. You could look into load guides that go in between the toons as well.

Check out a Toon Rail System. Made for Shorestation lifts. What size motor on her? I was told if not over 150 H.P. that you don't have to support center toon.

Check out a Toon Rail System. Made for Shorestation lifts. What size motor on her? I was told if not over 150 H.P. that you don't have to support center toon.
150 hp Yamaha. Lift is a NuCraft 4500 lb. capacity. They make a tri-toon rack but feel safer to support all three tubes.

We really love our NuCraft lift!

I got the same type Lakeliving had after his great experience & recommendation of it after doing my research. So happy we listened to him. The thing is impressively solid.

However, I wouldn’t want to go any narrower (120”). Heck, I wouldn’t mind it being a little wider as it is because it can be tough getting into it in high winds and rough water on Houghton Lake.

I really liked my nucraft lift. My buddy bought mine...and my house!

I wondered what you did with your lift. Your buddy have a Tritoon too or were they modifying your old lift?

I wondered what you did with your lift. Your buddy have a Tritoon too or were they modifying your old lift?
He has a nice speedboat but he is considering selling it and buying a pontoon and fishing boat instead. It will be weird going back to visit and seeing everything.

We really love our NuCraft lift!

I got the same type Lakeliving had after his great experience & recommendation of it after doing my research. So happy we listened to him. The thing is impressively solid.

However, I wouldn’t want to go any narrower (120”). Heck, I wouldn’t mind it being a little wider as it is because it can be tough getting into it in high winds and rough water on Houghton Lake.
Your comment and marina backs up feeling that I’ll be selling my lift for wider one. No sense being white knuckled docking a new boat. All this talk and waiting on build date. They think late April. Our NuCraft supported a 24’ Formula with 454 and never had problem.

I know this is an old thread but wanted to give you all a heads up on pressure treated wood bunks. A good friend owns a local dock and lift company here in Stuart Fl and he’s advised me that he’s seen major aluminum deterioration when pontoons sit directly on pressure treated wood bunks. He said The chemicals in the wood are eating into the pontoons rather rapidly (within a few years). He said the best remedy is to use a plastic barrier between the pontoon and the wood.

I believe the most ideal lift is the v bunk on all three toons.That said, i’ve had mine with under deck lift on a tri toon with a 250 HP for five seasons. I have heard many peoples concerns about the weight being unsupported and hanging etc.
My argument to that is just about every dealer drops the boat off to you on a collapsible scissor trailer after towing over bumps and such down the road. They pick it up with the forklift and put it on racks. And everybody using sea legs are essentially doing the same thing as the under deck lift, so if you can use sea legs you can use under deck lifts.
I am no engineer but it seems to be just fine.

Our area lakes are at least 90% using racks that lift the deck.
This also works better for shallow water than bunks.

When I was trying to retrofit my lift I called Bennington and asked about lifting from under the deck. The Bennington rep said he would ask engineering and get back to me. He called the next day. Engineering said absolutely not. They said all three toons supported with V bunks that were covered with plastic and not carpet.

I do have a QX though so it's a heavier boat. Bennington customer service was excellent. I'd call them with any questions.

When I was trying to retrofit my lift I called Bennington and asked about lifting from under the deck. The Bennington rep said he would ask engineering and get back to me. He called the next day. Engineering said absolutely not. They said all three toons supported with V bunks that were covered with plastic and not carpet.

I do have a QX though so it's a heavier boat. Bennington customer service was excellent. I'd call them with any questions.

When you say plastic, you mean the rubberized strips down the v bunk channels? Im having a new lift made now, 3 V bunks but it will have carpet on them. My PWC lift has the rubber v bunks..wondering now if this is a change I should try to make before they finish it up. It does seem like 99% of the lifts I see at my lake are all V bunk lifts with carpet. Even more surprising was I had the dealer call Bennington and ask if the center bunk was necessary for my 22'...they said it isnt...I still got it...but found it interesting nonetheless...This is what im having built for my 22' LSRIMG_3920.jpg

When you say plastic, you mean the rubberized strips down the v bunk channels?
I'm not sure. That was what was relayed to me from Bennington. I think I've seen other threads discussing this and if I remember it has something to do with carpet over pressure treated wood. The carpet stays wet and the pressure treated messes with the aluminum.

My QX is much heavier than your 22 but if I had a 22 and was building a lift I would have done the center bunk also. I always like to over build.
Your lift looks great.

Back