tritoon on lift question

I'm not sure. That was what was relayed to me from Bennington. I think I've seen other threads discussing this and if I remember it has something to do with carpet over pressure treated wood. The carpet stays wet and the pressure treated messes with the aluminum.

My QX is much heavier than your 22 but if I had a 22 and was building a lift I would have done the center bunk also. I always like to over build.
Your lift looks great.
Thats my view on it...I can't see a center lift hurting it, only helping it. Makes me a little more warm and fuzzy knowing its on 3.

Your boat looks insanely nice by the way...do you have posted photos of it on the forum?

edit...found the photos...yup, beautiful....

My lift, requires 80lbs extra weight to help sink her. The 4 pvc pipes 4” x 30” long filled with concrete, weigh 32lbs each. It’s a solid lift. The posts are 4x6 in the center and 2x6’s on the outside with a 1x2 ‘keeping’ the 2x6’s from bowing. Wood is covered with pvc stapled to the boards to prevent a reaction with the chemicals between the wood & toons . The aluminum brackets for the outside bunks I had custom made for around $150. They are connected to the beams with stainless rods (greased) to prevent heating and seizing. The rods were way cheaper than the alternative 7 inch stainless bolts. Boat is 23SX with Arch & 32 elliptical center toon with XL fuel tank and 250 Merc. I just couldn’t sit this boat on planks.

Attachments

• 83071444-AFEC-4BED-B09D-9BE30319A75B.jpeg
    83071444-AFEC-4BED-B09D-9BE30319A75B.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 40
  • D5465FC1-13CF-4EAC-AF09-E06AA41FD22E.jpeg
    D5465FC1-13CF-4EAC-AF09-E06AA41FD22E.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 41
  • D06BA2C2-6BC1-4710-81B4-C30FA8AA98D9.jpeg
    D06BA2C2-6BC1-4710-81B4-C30FA8AA98D9.jpeg
    205.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
My lift, requires 80lbs extra weight to help sink her. The 4 pvc pipes 4” x 30” long filled with concrete, weigh 32lbs each. It’s a solid lift. The posts are 4x6 in the center and 2x6’s on the outside with a 1x2 ‘keeping’ the 2x6’s from bowing. Wood is covered with pvc stapled to the boards to prevent a reaction with the chemicals between the wood & toons . The aluminum brackets for the outside bunks I had custom made for around $150. They are connected to the beams with stainless rods (greased) to prevent heating and seizing. The rods were way cheaper than the alternative 7 inch stainless bolts
Are your ibeams aluminum or steel?

I thought the 80 pounds comment was posted by vasbyt45. I was asking poster cwag911.
but I may be confused. Thanks!
He was a major contributor and great guy in this forum. He passed away nearly 2 years ago - at least I think it was nearly 2 years ago. Not sure if anyone else here knows details on his set up.

He was a major contributor and great guy in this forum. He passed away nearly 2 years ago - at least I think it was nearly 2 years ago. Not sure if anyone else here knows details on his set up.
Yup 2 yrs. in April.

Thanks for the information. Like I tell my kids, Social media posts stay around forever. RIP cwag911

Back