Tritoon Trailer which brand? Cost?

RReaume

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Now that I have placed my order for a 2014 2550 RCB tritoon :D  I am considering a trailer.

Any brand better than others for a tritoon?

Input on cost? How much did you pay for your new tritoon trailer?

I received a quote and I think its high in price and I never heard of the brand

This is what I was quoted

YACHT CLUB TRAILER

PTB2654 5450LBS

TANDEM W/BRAKES $4149.00

DELUX PTB WINCH 3STEPS,2HAND RAILS,PLATFORM $69.00

TRI-TOON KIT $159.00

TOTAL $4377.00

P.S I am located in Troy Michigan and plan to use the trailer for 200-300 mile trips up north.

Thanks for your input.

RReaume, Welcome to the Club!

That price does sound pretty high, and, my Yacht club trailer is rather flimsy in my opinion. It is a two log with our 20SLi on it, and it seems to flex alot.

Use the search feature on here, this topic has been brought up before.

Conrats on the new toon, you'll love it!

Why does trailer need to have the 3rd bunk for tritoon? When tritoon is stored on blocks they are only put under outside toons. I was quoted $3100 for a trailer when I bought this summer. I don't remember brand but is was well built. I just opted not to buy at the time. Looking now though.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, the best bang for the buck for a well built tritoon trailer under $3K is a Hoosier. Very solid construction and definitely not flimsy. The color matched and pretty trailers come at a substantial price increase LOL!  But, they don't function any better and some don't pull down the road as well. ;)

I have a Yacht Club trailer that came w/my Bennington. It's almost 10 yrs. old, tandem w/brakes, stairs and platform and according to the order sheet was $2500 new in 2004. It's pretty well made but on the other hand I only trailer it from the storage yard to the ramp about 200 yds. and back. At the end of the season I trailer it about 2 miles to under cover storage.............

I like my EZ Loader Custom Executive trailer. It's one of those "pretty color matched" ones. But it is built solid, tows great, and looks great under my boat. I didn't see the point of spending $60,70, or $80K on a boat only to put an ugly trailer under it. Yes they are expensive, but I'm in Canada so I'm sure you can get it a lot cheaper in the US.

I believe a lot of trailers brands are somewhat regional, that said I can tell you what I just ordered for my 2550 GSR:

Wesco, a galvanized trailer manufactured in Columbia, SC. It is a tandem tritoon trailer, steps, etc., with tire upgrade to Goodyear Marathon radials, spare tire and wheel mounted, and LED lighting. I ordered mine w/o brakes--I have to descend 1 mile down a mountain from my home every trip to the lake, and brakes just won't work long heating them up like that. My dealer gave me a good price on my trailer- $3049 with the upgrades, and had I ordered the surge disc brakes it would have added another $330.

See my threads about the trailer I bought from Paul Myers at www.trailersforpontoons.com. I love mine for the 2275RCW ESP and he is great to deal with, based in Elkhart IN.

See posts on Mid America trailer HERE

Rolco tandem surge disk brakes $3500 it was the upgraded trailer our dealer offered. Just bought in August 2013

My Benny came with

Venture VPT-24-30TRI

Galvinized

Tandem Axle

Front Steps

Brakes

$3775

I have a 25+ foot rated Shorelandr trailer with triple bunks and front staircase with full grab handle tandem axle with drum surge brakes and mine has the short fat tires.

For long road trips I would stay away from the short fat tires and get a trailer with 14 inch wheels and I would stay away from surge brakes if you have hills and or a lot of stop and go I find them to be high maintenance and a pain to deal with might not be too bad if they were disc brakes but the surge drums suck "From looking I see most have all gone to disc brakes now" I would go with electric brakes if I were to do it again. Also if there is an option to go with LED lighting go with it.

I believe a lot of trailers brands are somewhat regional, that said I can tell you what I just ordered for my 2550 GSR:

Wesco, a galvanized trailer manufactured in Columbia, SC. It is a tandem tritoon trailer, steps, etc., with tire upgrade to Goodyear Marathon radials, spare tire and wheel mounted, and LED lighting. I ordered mine w/o brakes--I have to descend 1 mile down a mountain from my home every trip to the lake, and brakes just won't work long heating them up like that. My dealer gave me a good price on my trailer- $3049 with the upgrades, and had I ordered the surge disc brakes it would have added another $330.
They are excellent trailers! Wesco has been in business for many years and stands behind their products, although I've never had a problem. I have owned many Wesco trailers and will buy another. There is a local dealer here that sells the Wesco trailer with brakes (for two log two log, another bunk can't be that much) for just under $3k.

http://www.theboatexchange.com/Trailers/pontoon.cfm

Steve

What brand was Ecoman's aluminum trailer? Any pics? It looks like they were deleted?

I'm ordering a VENTURE VPT-26-40TRI/11 to go with my new 2075GL

Code:
Options:stepsPVC guidesSpare tire/mountLED lightspoly sleeveDisc brakes standard on one axle.
Code:
Just over $4K

Recently got a Shorelandr trailer with the new Bennington.  It has surge disc brakes on tandem axles, triple bunks, spare tire and carrier, upgraded tires.  Cost little over $4K.  Seems a bit high in price but it looks like a very solid well made trailer.

I have the short fat tires on a Hoosier trailer for ten years and have been very happy with them.  I tow 600 miles at 80 mph to Canada yearly and it is very well mannered.  The bonus is I can get on the ferry under 8' tall which is much less expensive. I have never had problems with surge brakes.  If you are going down hill and not braking, the surge brakes should not be coming on.  The tongue section that activates the master cylinder might be too loose.  

My boat came with a MarineMaster tandem axle trailer without brakes, and it pulls fine.  Fortunately, my 3/4 ton diesel truck pulls it well in the terrain I live in.  But it's a tube style trailer and a brand often criticized for premature rusting.

Remember there are different styles of trailer frames--tubes, channel and I-Beam.  They also come in plain steel, galvanized and aluminum. 

If you're going to be towing 200-300 miles each way on vacation, you might want to get a premium trailer made out of channel iron or I beams.  Either surge or electric brakes would be fine.  If you'll ever see saltwater, galvanized or aluminum is the way to go--probably galvanized for cost and strength.

There are many fine brands of trailers.  It's all a balance of quality and cost.

http://www.rolcotrailers.com/pontoon.html this is the brand front stairs surge brakes I wish it had electric brakes I guess I will get used to leaving the lights plugged in but it is what it is. I was told by my dealer to leave the boat a couple of inches off of the front boards keeps the rail from rubbing and wear marks. So far seems to be working and travels well on the road full size tires also. I would tell you if you live on a gravel road to spray it down with bed liner to keep gravel chips down. and plan on replacing your lights every few years rocks are always busting them.

I have a Yatch Club tandem trailer but only use it to store my boat on in the winter.  We launch our boat right at our site and when we took it out this past fall had trouble pulling it through all the sand on the beach.  My neighbor commented on the problem pulling it through the sand was due to how small and thin the tires were on the trailer. 

Back