Tritoon Trailer which brand? Cost?

I also have a Marine Master. I emailed them with a question and they called me to make sure I was happy and to help with my question. I was very impressed.

I am in FL and just got a 21SLX tritoon with a Salt water edition. I am told no carpet on boat lift or trsilers .It Also looks like many trailers support on the cross member frame versus the pontoons?

I realize this is a old thread, but since it was brought up to the top and it's a popular subject I'll add;
I haven't confirmed it with Bennington, but when I was re-doing our lift for our new tri-toon my dealer said Bennington does not recommend supporting their boats by the cross members on either a lift or on a trailer. That being said I see a lot of lifts around the lake that support pontoon boats by the cross members.

I have been searching for a better trailer for my 2018 Bennington 25QSR Tritoon Boat. I have a B&M trailer made in Missouri. I recently discovered that the axles are mounted to angle iron that is attached to the frame of the boat with U-bolts, that have moved a little bit. This is a very poor design for a trailer. I am looking for another trailer for my boat, as I haul to 4 different lakes, rather than stay at one lake. My boat dealer sold me the B&M trailer, that was my only option at the time. I am looking at a new Bennington tritoon boat and so I am searching for a new trailer as well, and I don't want a B&M trailer, alias Haul Rite Trailer for my application.

I came across a nice tritoon trailer made by Boat Mate Trailers, 1713 Henry G. Lane Street, Maryville, TN. 885-273-1100 They don't sell direct to the end user, but will hook you up with a dealer. A salesman called me, Randy Omalia and has talked to me several time about my trailer needs. He was very responsive to my requests and if the trailer quality is anything like the service I have received from Randy Omalia, it will be a great trailer. I have looked around a lot at different trailers and they seem to be the best quality trailer. The Boat Mate trailers aren't the cheapest by far, but the quality seems to be very good. I agree with the previous post that if you have a $80,000 boat why buy a $3500 trailer unless you are only going to haul it short distances.

The original dealer I bought the boat and trailer from weren't much help and they didn't want to help me with the purchase of a better trailer. The dealer said that was the only trailer they offered and that was it. The dealer is Midwest Marine in Harrisonville, Mo. I guess when I want to purchase a new Bennington boat, I will have to find another dealer, that is more receptive to my needs.

The cheap trailer doesn't work for even short hauls. I know from experience. The wheels rub the fenders, wheel bearings went bad again this year, the bumper stops are bending from winching the boat up. We go 10 miles one way twice a year. I tow way over the speed limit with my Hoosier Trailer and I don't do over 30 mph with this P.O.S. Only positive is the trailer came with the boat and I suspect the owner sold the boat because it towed sooooo badly. Please PM me with some more info. Thanks, Bruce

Our new boat came with a galvanized Venture trailer with brakes, 13 inch tires, and LED lights. Never had a trailer with plastic covered bunks so we'll see how it holds up.

see this is an old thread but I am a newbie here and am in the process of purchasing a 2017 QSB with a Yamaha 250 SHO and the ESP package. The marina/broker I am buying it from is telling me the proper trailer for this boat will be about $5500-$6000! I know the Q series is heavy and not sure if this ESP center tube changes the trailer requirements. I am wondering if I should be shopping for this trailer myself or let them get if for me so I don't risk getting the wrong trailer for this boat.

Boat dealers' trailers are sourced from the same place as a store that only sells trailers except for some of the wake and surf inboard models. A quick search in your area should show you where a trailer store is near you. A good trailer for that boat should cost around $3000 new where a wonderfully overkill one would cost maybe $4000. Just put on a SEG (stuff eating grin) and tell them you would be happy to add another $3000 for the trailer, otherwise you'll find your own. They'll lower it. In no case should you have to pay more than $3500 for a good tandem trailer with disc brakes on at least 1 axle, a GOOD ladder in the front (not a couple of stupid pegs that bash you in the shins), good triple bunks with plastic coating and LED brake lights.

see this is an old thread but I am a newbie here and am in the process of purchasing a 2017 QSB with a Yamaha 250 SHO and the ESP package. The marina/broker I am buying it from is telling me the proper trailer for this boat will be about $5500-$6000! I know the Q series is heavy and not sure if this ESP center tube changes the trailer requirements. I am wondering if I should be shopping for this trailer myself or let them get if for me so I don't risk getting the wrong trailer for this boat.

Last edited:
I think it is critical to support the middle toon when either on a lift or trailer. In my opinion as the engine sits over the center toon with all that extra weight bouncing down the road it needs the support.

Is there a different type of trailer/option you need tor the ESP package since the center tube is different? Or would any tritoon trailer do assuming it is rated properly for the size and weight?

You need to be able to adjust the center bunks for width. I've seen people just lower the center bunks since the wide center toon won't dit down into the vee, but then it just sits on the top edjes of the bunks, so it's best to be able to adjust the bunks wider to fit and support the wider center pontoon.

Back