Trolling motor plug

Harley

Reaction score
I have a 2005 227FS, which I'm wanting to add a trolling motor. I bought my boat new and it looks as though it came prewired for either a 12 or 24 volt system. It has battery storage on each side in the front and cables are there. The plug looks like it can be wired for either a 12 or 24 volt trolling motor, but I can't find a wiring diagram. I emailed Bennington and recivied a electrical diagram of main battery, radio and such but nothing on this plug. Can any one help me here? I want to add 24 volt trolling motor.

Harley, If you are wiring 2 12V batteries to get 24V you want to wire them in series. To do this connect battery A neg to battery B pos. Then battery B neg to neg on outlet and battery A pos. to pos on outlet. For a diagram google 12V batteries in series. Make sure the outlet and wires are rated and fused for your application and don't forget to wear eye and skin protection. [batteries can be dangerous].

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harley, If you are wiring 2 12V batteries to get 24V you want to wire them in series. To do this connect battery A neg to battery B pos. Then battery B neg to neg on outlet and battery A pos. to pos on outlet. For a diagram google 12V batteries in series. Make sure the outlet and wires are rated and fused for your application and don't forget to wear eye and skin protection. [batteries can be dangerous].

Hope this helps.
Thank you for your help. The positive and negative wires are in place from the dealer along with the recyp. and plug. I just can't see behind the receptacle to see how it is wired.

Thank you for your help. The positive and negative wires are in place from the dealer along with the recyp. and plug. I just can't see behind the receptacle to see how it is wired.
Can you remove the receptical and look at the wiring?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back