Trolling motor

K C

Reaction score
We have recently purchased a SX21 fishing rig. What trolling motor and mounting location is recomended? I’m considering a 112 lb Minncota Terrova. It’s 36 volt so there’s the additional issue of where to put 3 marine batteries.

We have recently purchased a SX21 fishing rig. What trolling motor and mounting location is recomended? I’m considering a 112 lb Minncota Terrova. It’s 36 volt so there’s the additional issue of where to put 3 marine batteries.

Congratulations on the new boat. You’ll have to post some pictures when you can.

As to your question, I am not a fisher, so I am not knowledgeable. However, if you search the forums here for trolling motors, there have been a number of long posts/threads on this topic over the past two years. Some very smart and knowledgeable people have posted on this topic and have specific ideas about type of motor and options on mounting them.

Good luck, and happy boating!

Congratulations on the new boat. You’ll have to post some pictures when you can.

As to your question, I am not a fisher, so I am not knowledgeable. However, if you search the forums here for trolling motors, there have been a number of long posts/threads on this topic over the past two years. Some very smart and knowledgeable people have posted on this topic and have specific ideas about type of motor and options on mounting them.

Good luck, and happy boating!
Thanks! I took your suggestion and found some good information.

Back