Trolling Motor

Kcolos

Reaction score
Hello I have a Tritoon and was wondering if anyone had recommendations on trolling motor and mount, thank you!

Vikingstaff

Reaction score
Hello I have a Tritoon and was wondering if anyone had recommendations on trolling motor and mount, thank you!
Welcome to the forums! Do a search for trolling motors in the top right of the page. There have been some pretty detailed discussions and recommendations the past two years about them. I am sure you will also hear from a few other experts on here for this topic.

lakeliving

Reaction score
Depends on the water you plan to fish. Inland lake you can probably get away with a 12v. If you have current and winds, 24v minimum depending on boat size. You'll also have to consider how long you plan to be out fishing.

NomadCS

Reaction score
Over the years I have both 12v and 24v on both pontoon/tritoon. The last two trolling motors have been 24v. I currently have a MinnKota Powerdrive iPilot 24V 60" shaft and would highly recommend a 24V on a tritoon. Takes a little more to move a tritoon around efficiently especially in some wind. Benningtons also have higher sides and the tritoons sit higher out of the water especially in front so. Unless you will be using the trolling motor only occasionally I don't think you will regret the additional costs and batteries.

NomadCS

Reaction score
I forgot to add I think that most 12v only have around max 55lbs thrust. 24v motors have 70lbs+ thrust which makes a world of difference in efficient maneuverability in only a light winds on a tritoon. I use my boat primarily for fishing...

Bonin1f1

Reaction score
I am looking to do the same thing. Went to look at a new mount called a Shuttleslide SS-12-15 today looks well made. Now I need to confirm the trolling motor will fit between the front light and cleat.

Flying Butcher

Reaction score
Here are a couple pictures you requested. 80# thrust way more than enough. Could probably get by with 60 but no doubt with the 80. No problems putting boat in slip on my lift. No problems ever at any dock. Trolling motor is not in the way exiting and no need to leave front gate open. My two cents worth.

Attachments

Pbakk

Reaction score
I like that setup Flying butcher. Did you also install a seat mount in the floor, or did that come with your pontoon.

Flying Butcher

Reaction score
I put the seat mount on. Very easy install. Also ran a fish finder (mounted on a piece of wood) which I can set on front deck.