trouble taking fuel

johnnyreb17

Reaction score
Every time I try to fuel my Bennington SF 24,the fuel seems to come back out of the filler neck,instead of going in the boat, is there a fuel vent stopped up or someting

I recall some previous posts about this issue. You might search on "Slow Fuel Filler Neck." One owner reported that he was able to peel back some paneling, traced his filler hose and discovered that it had been routed incorrectly during assembly. He was able to fix that and reported smooth fueling afterward. Good luck and safe boating.

There was a venting system required to be installed after a certain year and this sometimes plays havoc with filling the fuel system. My Benny came with a small long neck funnel that I use to fill mine. I don’t trust it for auto shutoff but I’ve never had the fueling issue using it. Without it, its been hit and miss. I normally use it anyhow, as I add my chemicals then fuel up.

I have a 2017 GSR, I have no funnel nor any fueling issues.

My new 2020 23R is very tough to fill up as well.

I filled a friends boat Friday. It was a competitive brand with tank in center tube and fill neck back by engine. LOVED IT!!! It took fuel at the highest flow rate not shutting off until full....JUST LIKE THEY ALL SHOULD!!!

Back