tube guards

TIMEOUT

Reaction score
Hello out there. This is POP POP PAUPAK
hope everyone is staying safe
New owner. Boat will be launched this May in Pa. Lake Wallenpaupack.
While in dry dock I would like to install some protection on the tubes. Other owners have shared nightmares regarding damage to tubes from the various marina docks and slips they rent.
Can anyone recommend a tube guard which they have installed and does the job???

I just use extra large fenders with EZ Fenders to protect my toons when I dock or raft up. Of course a proper tie up will help but which method you use depends on your dock configuration. Let us know what your slip or dock setup is and perhaps someone can offer a solution

I just use extra large fenders with EZ Fenders to protect my toons when I dock or raft up. Of course a proper tie up will help but which method you use depends on your dock configuration. Let us know what your slip or dock setup is and perhaps someone can offer a solution
Thanks for the reply
Dock slip is a "U" (squared off not curved) shaped. Hopefully I will have enough apace between tube and dock to put a fender in. Do you know the width of your slip? So your fenders extend down to your tubes?
I will look up EZ fenders and check them out. Because of virus I have not been able to measure the width (marina has been closed). As soon as docks are in I will measure slip width and see if fenders can fit .
thanks again

I use Taylor made fender clips, as do many others. They are not permanently attached so can be moved easily to position where needed. Use the “search” at the top to find previous discussions about what people are using. Inexpensive - mine were about $2 each. Check amazon or Overton.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply
Dock slip is a "U" (squared off not curved) shaped. Hopefully I will have enough apace between tube and dock to put a fender in. Do you know the width of your slip? So your fenders extend down to your tubes?
I will look up EZ fenders and check them out. Because of virus I have not been able to measure the width (marina has been closed). As soon as docks are in I will measure slip width and see if fenders can fit .
thanks again

I have the same slip setup. Here is my advice: Use thick quality dock lines. Make sure your dock cleats are well secured. I am sure there will be enough room for fenders. Rather than dead center I cheat my boat to the side that the waves will push from and make sure those lines are tight. Don't cheap out on the fenders, get the large ones and use two or three per side.

My marina owner allowed us to install these in our slips and they have been a game changer: Notched Cushion Dock Post Bumper with 2" channel by Wholesale Marine. Got 6 of them and self-tapping screws on Amazon.

Attachments

• Boat protector screws.jpg
    Boat protector screws.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Boat protectors.jpg
    Boat protectors.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 51
Thanks for the reply
thanks again

Welcome and congrats! We will also be putting our new Bennington in the same lake in just a couple of weeks! Where are you keeping the boat?

Looks like the EZ Fender Clips might get in the way and possible wear on a tight boat cover.

Looks like the EZ Fender Clips might get in the way and possible wear on a tight boat cover.
My cover is also tight but the extenders don’t seem to rub. When I first used the Taylor clips they eventually left rub marks on my railing

Hello out there. This is POP POP PAUPAK
hope everyone is staying safe
New owner. Boat will be launched this May in Pa. Lake Wallenpaupack.
While in dry dock I would like to install some protection on the tubes. Other owners have shared nightmares regarding damage to tubes from the various marina docks and slips they rent.
Can anyone recommend a tube guard which they have installed and does the job???
See you on the Paupak!!

Back