Turned the key, and nothing!

Well I had the same problem turn switch and nothing happened, I tried the wd40 trick didn't work. Then I crawled under the helmet and discovered that the wire to the throttle was disconnected with also goes to an apparent remote control which I do not have on my boat, anyway I connected the wire and it fired right up. Oh yeah I have a 2007 Bennington 2275 RL with a 115 Yamaha engine. Thanks to the other posts lead me in the right direction. Buy the way was I suppose to get a remote with my boat?

So....I may have the same problem. With the helpful feedback from others on this forum a while back, I played around a little with the neutral switch - button under the starter/key that needs to be lifted slightly by the lanyard snap, similar to a wave runner auto stop. I was able to turn over the engine (once), indicating power. However I was not able to do it again. Hence to me it sounds like a 'loose connection'. Is this something a 'non-mechanic' can do? Remove the plate that holds the ignition key, pull it our and clean or re-connect the wires?
Thanks!

So....I may have the same problem. With the helpful feedback from others on this forum a while back, I played around a little with the neutral switch - button under the starter/key that needs to be lifted slightly by the lanyard snap, similar to a wave runner auto stop. I was able to turn over the engine (once), indicating power. However I was not able to do it again. Hence to me it sounds like a 'loose connection'. Is this something a 'non-mechanic' can do? Remove the plate that holds the ignition key, pull it our and clean or re-connect the wires?
Thanks!

It should only be four screws. Be careful, at least on mine the fiberglass helm resin is brittle so if you over-torque the screws putting back together it can strip pretty easy. Don't ask how I know!

Are you sure it was in neutral? I've done that more than once.
And be sure the lanyard safety clip is fully attached.

Back