Two days in the lake... water lines

Timberlake Mark

Reaction score
My new rig has only 30 hours. Put her in over the weekend and pulled her out today for Sharkhide. Water lines after two days!!!???

I spent the afternoon polishing. She’s looking good but the polishing is inconsistent. The closer you get, the worse it looks. 15766293-6550-477F-9072-438CC1BA54DE.jpegB045B943-E956-459B-BAF1-1F4FB2F616D4.jpeg
Any advice?
One Toon down, two to go.

1st pick is untouched, 2nd is after polishing.

Not uncommon. Really depends on your water. That’s why I paid for sharkhide, BUT, it won’t last but a year or two UNDER the waterline. My toons look new above the water line after 4 years. That’s all I care about. I scrub mine under the water line every couple weeks.

This is one of the reasons I don't understand why Bennington doesn't paint the tubes. My alum fishing boat was painted and it looked great for 20 years. I noticed that Ranger pontoons at Cabelas have the painted tubes and they look great IMO. Pasted below is a Regency pontoon with painted tubes.
1592874184581.png

This is one of the reasons I don't understand why Bennington doesn't paint the tubes. My alum fishing boat was painted and it looked great for 20 years. I noticed that Ranger pontoons at Cabelas have the painted tubes and they look great IMO. Pasted below is a Regency pontoon with painted tubes.

Because this nice paint job chips over time. It is my favorite past time at my marina to go look at all the chips in paint and scraches on the Regency boats and then rejoice that i have a Bennington and don’t have to deal with that crap.

View attachment 27146

Those black toons would look good on my blackout. I’ll probably do it in ten years after my toons are dingy.

I think you will find the Ranger and Regency boats have powder coated toons.

Spent two days polishing my toons to Sharkhide. They were in good shape to begin with. I’ll never do it again. Next time I’ll get them powder coated or painted.

Spent two days polishing my toons to Sharkhide. They were in good shape to begin with. I’ll never do it again. Next time I’ll get them powder coated or painted.
Polished mine 3 years ago but didn’t do sharkhide. Either I’m doing it again but adding sharkhide or I’m doing a wrap.

Back