Two Thumbs Up on the Box Anchor

Rick from Rocky Mount

Reaction score
Used my new small box anchor, that I received for Christmas from my kids, for the first time this weekend and was very impressed. In about 12 foot of water and put out about 25 ft of line and we didn't move one bit for the next 3 hours on a fairly breezy day. The friends who were with us, who are also avid boaters, were also impressed. They laughed at first site of it. They were calling it the "bear trap!" It was much better than the old fluke anchor we tried to use unsuccessfully the last time they were with us last September. It came up quite easily when we departed. If anyone is looking for a new anchor, I highly recommend the small box anchor. Watch the video online; it's pretty convincing!

I have 2 ,a small and a baby . I use the baby in the stern to stop the sway if needed

Agree, box anchor holds great and I just toss it overboard to set

I had never heard of box anchors being used on pleasure craft until I joined this forum. There seem to be a lot of regional things that spread via forums. That is one of the cool things about the Internet. Tips and tricks that may be "common" in one area are able to be spread all over the world.

While I already have an anchor that works well for my lake and boating environment (15# Digger,) I will certainly keep the box in mind for when people ask about options.

Back